Best iPhone alternative?

Found 5th Sep 2017
Hello

I'm eligible for an upgrade today from my iPhone 6S, which does everything I need, except now needs to be charged about 3 times a day.
I was thinking of keeping this handset and switching to a cheap monthly SIM only deal until the iPhone 8 has been out for a few months and is a slightly more reasonable price.
I've not really kept up to date with other makes/models of phone as I've been happy with the iPhone so I was thinking of sticking with that.. Am I missing out on another handset that would blow me away with features that the iPhone doesn't have?

Any suggestions of makes/models appreciated
I don't really play games on my phone, a good camera, and storage for music are more important to me
Quick performance and good battery life would be nice too

Thanks in advance for advice
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Really depends on how much you want to spend.
Keep it simple and get the battery on your 6s replaced. It will theoretically be good for another 2+ years after that.
A OnePlus 3T or the OnePlus 5 is a great alternative for an iPhone if you're on a budget. If you have a bit more money you could just get an iPhone 7 or a Google Pixel
deleted800342
CoeK1 h, 6 m ago

Really depends on how much you want to spend.

I'm paying £26 a month at the moment so didn't really want to increase that
deleted800342
SUMMONER1 h, 2 m ago

Keep it simple and get the battery on your 6s replaced. It will …Keep it simple and get the battery on your 6s replaced. It will theoretically be good for another 2+ years after that.

I'd not even looked into that because I'd heard of ridiculous prices for getting screens replaced so thought a new battery would be extortionate too!
deleted8003425th Sep 2017

I'd not even looked into that because I'd heard of ridiculous prices for …I'd not even looked into that because I'd heard of ridiculous prices for getting screens replaced so thought a new battery would be extortionate too!

Are you near to an Apple Store?
6s was prone to battery issues, I've heard of folks getting a new battery installed for free, take it in store get them to check it out..?

If not, I think Apple are around £100 for 6s replacement, local phone shops should be at least half that.
Edited by: "andynicol" 5th Sep 2017

I'd not even looked into that because I'd heard of ridiculous prices for …I'd not even looked into that because I'd heard of ridiculous prices for getting screens replaced so thought a new battery would be extortionate too!

Nah I got my 5s battery replaced for £25 at the shopping centre (admittedly not an official one, but they installed it and everything) so I doubt 6s one will be much more.

If you don't mind spending around £100-£150, you can get a Moto E4/G4/G5 on Amazon. Also does good as a backup phone when you eventually get a new iPhone. Very very good quality and highly rated.

iPhone SE's are going cheap in some places too. Basically a 6s in a 5s body.

It's not that expensive, but loads had issues and Apple will replace for free:
apple.com/uk/…wn/
techradar.com/how…ced
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants