Groups

Best Job in the world .......working for Realtime Worlds in Dundee

I think i may have the best job in the world lol

I sit at my desk with 2 monitors in front of me, one has my desktop for bug systems etc and the other screen is for testing the Computer Game

Yep.....thats all im doing....all day, im a Quality Assurance games tester and i get paid for it :):):):)

I can certainly say, I love going to my job in the morning hehe

22 Comments

I suppose it'd depend on the game.

I'd literally saw my own hands off with a spoon if i'd have to play halo or oblivion all day long.

Nice, isnt it?

nice job

What would I need to study to be a designer at a levels?

well youd need to go to unni to study the proper thing , dont matter wot alevels u do to get into the course

MarzBarz;5716399

well youd need to go to unni to study the proper thing , dont matter wot … well youd need to go to unni to study the proper thing , dont matter wot alevels u do to get into the course

Is it worth it?

MarzBarz;5716399

well youd need to go to unni to study the proper thing , dont matter wot … well youd need to go to unni to study the proper thing , dont matter wot alevels u do to get into the course

^^^

English not being one of them :-D

u need to hire someone for a summer job im in dundee lol

grex9101;5716481

^^^English not being one of them :-D

apart frm gcse english and maths

MarzBarz;5716745

apart frm gcse english and maths

Really im not soo good at english i guess b's c's etc. predicted overall a?
    maths i'm doing pretty well
    but im not sure if i want to i had my mind set on engineering

I'd be bored senseless doing that all day. You could be on here all day talking pants with all us in the afternoon.:thumbsup:

Met-Cast;5716769

Really im not soo good at english i guess b's c's etc. predicted overall … Really im not soo good at english i guess b's c's etc. predicted overall a?maths i'm doing pretty wellbut im not sure if i want to i had my mind set on engineering

u need a minimum C:thumbsup:

Maths is mina got a B with ease.

iTZ english language i admit i failed it at first but passed englihs literature lol the harder one.

But i done less work the next yr and passed english language lol

Original Poster

Yeh going to uni to study computer games is the way to go, i worked with dma years ago and had worked on grand theft auto the first one among others, my name is in the credits lol. The job is really good, and the pay isn't that bad but there is so many doors that open when your in.

So if you play games all day long how come when we buy them there are lots of bugs and glitches? Someone is not doing their job properly...........

saxo_appeal;5717021

Yeh going to uni to study computer games is the way to go, i worked with … Yeh going to uni to study computer games is the way to go, i worked with dma years ago and had worked on grand theft auto the first one among others, my name is in the credits lol. The job is really good, and the pay isn't that bad but there is so many doors that open when your in.

Wow GTA nice one man!
    Hmm I don't know if I'd be as successful as you

Banned

They have a vacancy for this this week in Lincoln, Lincolnshire in our local paper.

You do like making threads about this job dont you lol.

H_K;5717269

They have a vacancy for this this week in Lincoln, Lincolnshire in our … They have a vacancy for this this week in Lincoln, Lincolnshire in our local paper.You do like making threads about this job dont you lol.

Yes this job is for Rockstar Lincoln they Beta tested GTA IV I know somebody that worked for Rockstar and they loved it :thumbsup:

saxo_appeal;5717021

Yeh going to uni to study computer games is the way to go, i worked with … Yeh going to uni to study computer games is the way to go, i worked with dma years ago and had worked on grand theft auto the first one among others, my name is in the credits lol. The job is really good, and the pay isn't that bad but there is so many doors that open when your in.

Not true.. I know a few people in the industry.. Codermasters, Lucas Arts, MGS etc..

QA is the best way to climb up, you'll find that even most university grads will have to go into a QA job in games development before moving up.. As the degree in 99% of cases gives the graduate the basic skills only, being so far off what is required in the industry. It's one major complaints of people i've spoken to, how low the quality of candidates is out of uni. I'd say stay working in QA, soak up all you can from the people around you and do some stuff in your spare time to build a portfolio and show off. Everyone i know to QA guys to Heads of Audio Development say it's the best way.

Only problem is.. You earn close to sod all doing QA in the games industry compared to others.. It's very hard work to get noticed.. etc.

I also know Rik Ede (Audio Consultant) who worked on GTA 3 - knows Dave Jones quite well since they both into their high performance cars. Says good things about realtimeworlds. I was gonna apply for a QA Managers job there a few years ago, then realized i'd rather stab myself in the eyes than live in Dundee :).

Buy yourself a ISEB course information book off amazon or something - will help you improve QA wise.

Original Poster

Nah i Dont live in dundee, i travel there every day from arbroath lol some good info there, Yeh Dave has a few sports cars, some of them he used to drive in when i was at dma was smart as hell. Your correct when you say its a step in the business for graduates, we have a few who just started. I hopefully want to end try level designing so fingers crossed.

saxo_appeal;5718666

Nah i Dont live in dundee, i travel there every day from arbroath lol … Nah i Dont live in dundee, i travel there every day from arbroath lol some good info there, Yeh Dave has a few sports cars, some of them he used to drive in when i was at dma was smart as hell. Your correct when you say its a step in the business for graduates, we have a few who just started. I hopefully want to end try level designing so fingers crossed.

Is it good money mate? :thumbsup:

saxo_appeal;5718666

Nah i Dont live in dundee, i travel there every day from arbroath lol … Nah i Dont live in dundee, i travel there every day from arbroath lol some good info there, Yeh Dave has a few sports cars, some of them he used to drive in when i was at dma was smart as hell. Your correct when you say its a step in the business for graduates, we have a few who just started. I hopefully want to end try level designing so fingers crossed.

Sothere are some half decent paid jobs in Dundee area? I used to work in Oil up in Abz but now in Brechin and taking time off with kids after marriage breakup.,,thinking of working once both girls are in full time school but looking in local paper most jobs are minimum wage, so my options at moment are further education, job back up in Aberdeen, or a job in a school to fit round kids as their dad doesnt get back to Uk very often so want them to grow up knowing at least one parent! handy to know Dundee may also be an option!

Was in Arbroath today, paddling in ocean - was suprised how warm the water was, then stopped in by amusements with the little ones, quite like the place as way more to do and good transport links - any idea what the schools are like? May move there in future as more to do for kids...And will be back there next saturday as see the Splashfest thing is on then!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1535
      2. word association Game72944192
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2658

See more discussions