Best joint account?

Posted 22nd Jan
Looking to open a joint account with the wife for bills etc. Whats the best one out there?
Do any come with joint perks or is it just a standard current account?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
If it's for bills, get a cashback account.

Santander 123 gives cashback. We use the basic account with a £1 fee - the cashback more than covers this.

I believe RBS/Natwest have similar accounts.
r2mahara22/01/2020 16:11

If it's for bills, get a cashback account. Santander 123 gives cashback. …If it's for bills, get a cashback account. Santander 123 gives cashback. We use the basic account with a £1 fee - the cashback more than covers this.I believe RBS/Natwest have similar accounts.

£1 ???....... £5 as far as I know. that's what I have to pay
We have HSBC joint account and can share the perks we get for one monthly fee.
r2mahara22/01/2020 16:11

...Santander 123 gives cashback. We use the basic account with a £1 fee - …...Santander 123 gives cashback. We use the basic account with a £1 fee - the cashback more than covers this.

Wild goosechase to find that £1/month dead duck product that actually costs £5/m moneysavingexpert.com/new…t-/
Check mse for latest offers. I watched his show which was on this week and he did mention Santander were changing their rates.

We’re with Lloyd’s as they were the easiest for us to apply for when we were 21 and not much of a credit rating. We are part of club Lloyd’s, where you get a perk each year (6 vue tickets for us or 2 others to choose from), it’s £3 a month fee if you don’t put in a set amount of money each month (about £1,200 I think?). They also have some great rate monthly savings accounts if you’re looking to save too, the top two being 2 and 2.5%

*my parents recently switched to Lloyd’s too and got £125 for doing so, so worth seeing if that offer is still available
Edited by: "vicstar115" 22nd Jan
steve.t22/01/2020 18:39

£1 ???....... £5 as far as I know. that's what I have to pay

123 lite is £1 a month,cashback but no interest
tomdavidrichards22/01/2020 23:31

We were on the £5/month account, earning £6-£7 cashback + interest each month. Wife went into the bank to sort something out and whist she was in there they offered to switch to the 123 lite account for £1 month. As you say, no interest but you still get the cashback so it was worth it for us, we don't keep a huge amount in the joint account. Mainly because I spend too much spare income on stuff I see on hukd!
dirty_stan23/01/2020 09:20

We were on the £5/month account, earning £6-£7 cashback + interest each mo …We were on the £5/month account, earning £6-£7 cashback + interest each month. Wife went into the bank to sort something out and whist she was in there they offered to switch to the 123 lite account for £1 month. As you say, no interest but you still get the cashback so it was worth it for us, we don't keep a huge amount in the joint account. Mainly because I spend too much spare income on stuff I see on hukd!

I use the lite account , abit £7 up after fee and the new cap in may,as I mortgage with them,not too bad
tomdavidrichards22/01/2020 23:31

I see, didn't know about that one. I'll hang on for now and maybe go over to that one.(I get £4.90 back but costs me £5) Keep bare minimum in and move bulk over to another bank paying a better rate..... Hopefully
Nationwide FlexDirect great for us. 5% interest on up to 2.5k for a year then 1%. If you're not with Nationwide already get someone with an account to refer you for £100 reward, then switch an existing other bank SOLO account with direct debits in. Once set up attend branch with passport, driver license and make that solo account joint. PM if you want a referral
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants