Best kindle reading light?

Found 18th Jan 2012
Got the new kindle for christmas and would like to get a clip on light but most seem to be cheap and rubbish or great but expensive. Can anyone recommend one that they have found to be a good buy?
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
MiscLightKindle
23 Comments
Banned
heard the fleshlight is good not sure though. Should give it a try
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pqUCAFgwiLI/SadKy0Lh9cI/AAAAAAAACxM/BG-dIOqP6CI/s400/PaigeBedsideLamp.jpg

I don't understand the point of those lights, I've never even heard of one available for paper books - which is how I treat my Kindle
Arc verso light wedge £13 ebay waterstones......don't know if they still do them though....
Original Poster
sancho1983

I don't understand the point of those lights, I've never even heard of … I don't understand the point of those lights, I've never even heard of one available for paper books - which is how I treat my Kindle

Very good but we had a power cut on new years eve and candle light wasn't great so wanted one that I could use if we didn't have power!
I have a head torch which I use when I go camping. These are useful in situations such as that
I managed to buy a clip on light for my Kindle from Poundland, and it's quite a decent one too! Been using it for 4 weeks now and it's still working
I like this:
Verso Rechargeable Arc Light for KindleVerso Rechargeable Arc Light
The Arc Light features a USB rechargeable battery and patent-pending cuffs designed to slide onto your e-reader and stay in place. The light’s curved arm glides up into the “on” position, casting bright, glare-free light without any adjustment. Interchangeable cuffs designed to fit your Kindle securely and works with Kindle 1, 2, 3 and DX. Arcing neck glides up into “on” position and down for “off” and storage. Recharges using USB to micro-USB cable (included). Rechargeable battery (included) provides 15 hours of light on a single charge.

The other verso clip-on light is also very good.

quickonlinetips.com/arc…ts/
gari189

Arc verso light wedge £13 ebay waterstones......don't know if they still … Arc verso light wedge £13 ebay waterstones......don't know if they still do them though....

I got mine from there in Dec.
Original Poster
tamoil

I got mine from there in Dec.

looked on ebay and waterstones doesn't appear to be on there at the moment. Someone has got one of these listed though, so I'll keep an eye on it.
This is also good ebay.co.uk/itm…0d4

But if your patient the arc will come back in stock at waterstones ebay store.
try pound land got one from there and it does the trick for me
I have one from amazon which wasn't all too cheap, but broke after about 2 weeks, then I bought one from Poundland which I have been using for months now, and the battery is still working despite using the light quite a lot...
Very overpriced, but my wife loves the official one.

No batteries and slides very nicely into the case when not used. A rip off price, but by far the best from a user persoective.
the pound land ones are good and cheap so if breaks by accident easy to replace for a POUND
I can highly recommend the Octovo light: amazon.co.uk/OCT…8-1
I have it along with the Octovo case and think it's great.
[img]t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEXB5bJcgNULz3nh7U17EXDgRVz8r8RrUL-tafTQpH77Jcqa7CkA[/img]
Ebay Waterstones are doing the arc verso lightwedge again for £13 - just search for lightwedge verso arc or search for the item number 170767565676

They also do a cheaper clip on lightwedge light for £9 - item number 170758811860
Original Poster
gari189

Ebay Waterstones are doing the arc verso lightwedge again for £13 - just … Ebay Waterstones are doing the arc verso lightwedge again for £13 - just search for lightwedge verso arc or search for the item number 170767565676They also do a cheaper clip on lightwedge light for £9 - item number 170758811860

tamoil

This is also good … This is also good [url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FLightwedge-Verso-Clip-on-eReader-Booklight-Brand-new-compatible-Kindle-%252F170758811860%253Fpt%253DUK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories%2526hash%253Ditem27c204b0d4]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightwedge-Verso-Clip-on-eReader-Booklight-Brand-new-compatible-Kindle-/170758811860?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item27c204b0d4[/url]But if your patient the arc will come back in stock at waterstones ebay store.

Thanks very much, this was one I had looked at but was £30 everywhere else. Might have to treat myself to one now
I have one of the arc lights which is why I recommended it. Not worth £30 but for £13 they're pretty good.....and they make a noticeable difference on dull days.
Got one from Tesco for £1.27 for my sister. She seems happy enough with it. It was in the 'pound' section near the hardware.
I have a case that has a magnetic light that attches to the top corner,
For the price this is a nice case and the light spreads evenly on the screen. Comes in various colours.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions