Groups

Best Laptop Cooling Pad?

Hi all, well I decided I was going to buy a laptop cooling pad today, but when I had a look at all the different pads, I just got soo confused! What would you guys recomend, my laptops a 15" hp, the main fan is at the top left side, the hdd at the bottom left, and the ram to the right of the hdd! Lol, thanks =D

9 Comments

Is your laptop overheating and crashing? If it is, buy a can of compressed air, and shoot it through the air vents. This'll clear your laptop's cooling system out, and should stop it overheating. If it isn't overheating and crashing, an add-on fan is only going to blow more dust into the system, which is only going to clog up your vents and lead to overheating and crashing far sooner than otherwise.

Basically, these things are a gimmick, and they're useless.

Original Poster

Hi, no my laptops not crashing, but I checked to temp using hdd tune, and it gets to 48c after using it for a bit, and its even got to 54 a few days ago! i'm going to open it up over the weekend to clean the dust, but the cooling fans do bring the temp down, I was hold a little fan near to hdd for 10mins and the temp went down 5c! But obviously I'm not going to hold a fan, tilt the laptop, and do my work at the same time, (well with two hands anyway) =P

Banned

CheeseCake90;8684489

Hi, no my laptops not crashing, but I checked to temp using hdd tune, and … Hi, no my laptops not crashing, but I checked to temp using hdd tune, and it gets to 48c after using it for a bit, and its even got to 54 a few days ago! i'm going to open it up over the weekend to clean the dust, but the cooling fans do bring the temp down, I was hold a little fan near to hdd for 10mins and the temp went down 5c! But obviously I'm not going to hold a fan, tilt the laptop, and do my work at the same time, (well with two hands anyway) =P

I use a laptop cooler, the hdd on my laptop isnt cooled by the fan and has reached 60 on a hot day
    No particular version to suggest, do get a can of air to blow out the vents, but like mine, it is clear, but the cooler stand loweres the hhd temp to around 30c, from a typical 50, and the underside of the laptop isnt even warm

i bought a cheap one with 2 fans from ebay, it blows up onto the bottom of the laptop, and doesnt interfere at all

Original Poster

jubbyme;8684516

I use a laptop cooler, the hdd on my laptop isnt cooled by the fan and … I use a laptop cooler, the hdd on my laptop isnt cooled by the fan and has reached 60 on a hot dayNo particular version to suggest, do get a can of air to blow out the vents, but like mine, it is clear, but the cooler stand loweres the hhd temp to around 30c, from a typical 50, and the underside of the laptop isnt even warmi bought a cheap one with 2 fans from ebay, it blows up onto the bottom of the laptop, and doesnt interfere at all

Ahh okay, are your fans underneateh your hdd, or you laptop fan? some of these pads im looking at have fans in the middle, but that.ll just blow air onto the plastic!

Banned

CheeseCake90;8684605

Ahh okay, are your fans underneateh your hdd, or you laptop fan? some of … Ahh okay, are your fans underneateh your hdd, or you laptop fan? some of these pads im looking at have fans in the middle, but that.ll just blow air onto the plastic!

no, as the cooler is flat and the laptop is on feet there is a gap, the airflow comes in at the bottom and runs along the underneath and out the sides, the fan doesnt need to be exactly underneath!

Poundland got cooling pads for a £1

can't go wrong by trying that out and seeing if it's any good

Hope that helps

Original Poster

Ahh okay, no wonder most of the pads have their fans in the middle! cool i'll have a look at poundland, if there is one locally... So basically, it doesnt really matter about the brand, they all serve the same/similar purpose?

Banned

CheeseCake90;8684734

Ahh okay, no wonder most of the pads have their fans in the middle! cool … Ahh okay, no wonder most of the pads have their fans in the middle! cool i'll have a look at poundland, if there is one locally... So basically, it doesnt really matter about the brand, they all serve the same/similar purpose?

About the poundland ones, I saw them instore, too small for a 15 inch laptop, more like netbook size

My cooler is a generic chinese made one, has 2 fans and variable speed (use on low anyway)
    paid about 5 quid on the ebay

Original Poster

I'll take a look at ebay too then, the only thing about a generic chinese one would be the warrenty, but for £5 you cant' really go wrong, let alone £1 (if you have a notebook) =D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions