Expired

best laptop for £400

Found 11th Jun 2009
hello

anyone know of any laptop deals going for about £400
a mate is looking for one,and he wants me to find it.
i do like dell machines but they seemed to have pulled right back on the deals lately.
unless anyone has spotted any?or anywhere else
cheers

edit to add- he's just looking for a basic home laptop,to store pics,music,surf,office etc.
i cant find better than tesco dell inspiron 1525 for £350

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

but anywhere with better specs for a bit more?

9 Comments

Put your £400 on black in a game of roulette, win, then buy a new 13" MacBook Pro from any one of Dixon's tax free stores in UK airports (Gatwick is probably the best) for just under £800.

I would have a look through ebuyers laptops, aim for core 2 duo with a good 2/3mb cache at least, decent sized HD and a good indepenset graphic card, there are usually a few gems on there

Original Poster

joeymcjoe;5464049

Put your £400 on black in a game of roulette, win, then buy a new 13" … Put your £400 on black in a game of roulette, win, then buy a new 13" MacBook Pro from any one of Dixon's tax free stores in UK airports (Gatwick is probably the best) for just under £800.

its not my £400:thumbsup:
and he's never had a laptop before so he aint a mac fanboy;-)

bfjem;5464075

I would have a look through ebuyers laptops, aim for core 2 duo with a … I would have a look through ebuyers laptops, aim for core 2 duo with a good 2/3mb cache at least, decent sized HD and a good indepenset graphic card, there are usually a few gems on there

cheers,will have a look
are their warranty,customer service etc good if you have problems?

willesden1;5464133

its not my £400:thumbsup:and he's never had a laptop before so he aint a … its not my £400:thumbsup:and he's never had a laptop before so he aint a mac fanboy;-)cheers,will have a lookare their warranty,customer service etc good if you have problems?

can be but I have never had any probs with products I have got from them before to give you a 100% answer, also check dell small business website they are selling some nice vostro lptops for under 400 at the mo

Original Poster

bfjem;5464148

can be but I have never had any probs with products I have got from them … can be but I have never had any probs with products I have got from them before to give you a 100% answer, also check dell small business website they are selling some nice vostro lptops for under 400 at the mo

bloody hell,good shout with the ebuyer pointer
this looks like a pretty good machine for the money

ebuyer.com/pro…845 - cant make it a proper link-the forum wont allow

which im gonna recommend unless anyone knows of any big flaws?
have looked at the dell vostros,thats what i usually get for friends with small budgets,
but prices arent including v.a.t and delivery at the moment,so not too good.
thanks for the euyer pointer.repped

ive just listed a nice vostro 1310, has warranty left, has dedicated graphics, big hdd and ram and fast decent core2duo, rather than one of those puny coreduos
hotukdeals.com/ite…-g/

Original Poster

shanecr;5465076

ive just listed a nice vostro 1310, has warranty left, has dedicated … ive just listed a nice vostro 1310, has warranty left, has dedicated graphics, big hdd and ram and fast decent core2duo, rather than one of those puny coreduoshttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/420153/fs-dell-vostro-1310-370-dedicated-g/

cheers fella
wont bite on that this time
coz whatever i buy,gotta be full warrantied,coz it aint for me-i dont need the hassle
looks a good machine though
good luck with the sale:thumbsup:

Check this Acer at Dixons:
Refurbished Acer Aspire 7720G featuring a 17” Crystal Briteview widescreen and a Blu-ray combo drive to watch movies with HD quality. Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 Processor
(2 GHz, 667 Mhz, 2MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
3GB Memory, 250GB Hard disk drive
Blu-Ray & Super Multi DVD drive

Original Poster

EkNish;5470160

Check this Acer at Dixons: Refurbished Acer Aspire 7720G featuring a 17” C … Check this Acer at Dixons: Refurbished Acer Aspire 7720G featuring a 17” Crystal Briteview widescreen and a Blu-ray combo drive to watch movies with HD quality. Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 Processor (2 GHz, 667 Mhz, 2MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium 3GB Memory, 250GB Hard disk drive Blu-Ray & Super Multi DVD drive

that is a good machine,thanks for the spot!
the word refurbished always does my head in though
will have a look
Post a comment
@
    Text