Groups

best laptop for child 100/150 clueless mum !!!!

Need to choose a laptop for a child £100/£150

Seen a few in tesco for £135 ish just looking for advice

Literally have no idea ,
    Just would like sunthjng for him to put pictures on and maybe watch DVDs on
    " how do I know if it will have a DVDs in put xxxx any advice appreciated xx

14 Comments

Send some links on here to what you have found and we can check for a DVD drive

Original Poster

Forgot to say I get 20 percent off so ideally like to choose from tesco so can spend £200 ish full price x I'll try with the links

Original Poster

Is it called optical drive ?

Sorry, the cheapest I can find on the Tesco website with a DVD optical drive is £229.

tesco.com/dir…343

Do you get a Tesco discount on the Tesco ebay shop? There is a refurbished laptop here for £189.

ebay.co.uk/itm…4d2

Original Poster

I don't think on the outlet , lookalike I'll go for that one , what do you think x does it look ok

A Chromebook would be good for a young kid as less chance of it being broken as they are extremely simple, cheap and do the job! I bought one of these for my mom just to get her on the internet and she loves it (£109) 

Lenovo N22 11.6-Inch HD Chromebook Laptop (Black) - (Intel Celeron N3060, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB EMMC, Chrome OS) amazon.co.uk/dp/…8NC
    Edited by: "batezy_1984" 27th Oct 2016

I wouldn't worry too much about having a DVD drive as most kids programmes can now be found on YouTube

Original Poster

Thanks guys that 100 one looks cool

So I'm basically paying a lot more for the disc drive , just thinking for long journeys etc

But I guess he can play games still on it x

Original Poster

batezy_1984

A Chromebook would be good for a young kid as less chance of it being … A Chromebook would be good for a young kid as less chance of it being broken as they are extremely simple, cheap and do the job! I bought one of these for my mom just to get her on the internet and she loves it (£109) Lenovo N22 11.6-Inch HD Chromebook Laptop (Black) - (Intel Celeron N3060, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB EMMC, Chrome OS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GCNZ79C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_byyeybVXFN8NC

Thanks for your help xxx

batezy_1984

A Chromebook would be good for a young kid as less chance of it being … A Chromebook would be good for a young kid as less chance of it being broken as they are extremely simple, cheap and do the job! I bought one of these for my mom just to get her on the internet and she loves it (£109) Lenovo N22 11.6-Inch HD Chromebook Laptop (Black) - (Intel Celeron N3060, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB EMMC, Chrome OS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GCNZ79C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_byyeybVXFN8NC

Bargain for £100. Hope your child has lots of fun.

if it's for Xmas then I'd wait until black Friday to see if you can get a better deal through Tesco then. I got both my girls 15.6 Acer laptops with dvd drives for £180 each from Ts last year.

It's possible to buy an external dvd drive that plugs into the USB port. They are quite cheap too

If you want a cheap laptop with USB ports (again no DVD drive tho) have a look at this one..... its on offer at the moment at £129. It comes in four different colours too

Lenovo ideapad 100S 11.6-Inch Laptop Notebook (Silver) - (Intel Atom Z3735F, 2Gb RAM, 32Gb eMMC, WLAN, BT, Camera, Integrated Graphics, Windows 10 Home) amazon.co.uk/dp/…545

Original Poster

Thanks guys

Went for the Hp stream off tesco outlet £125

Also had £16 voucher so even lessxxxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!33
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350

See more discussions