Expired

Best LCD tv to buy for arround the £400 mark?

5 replies
Found 22nd Apr 2009
hello there im looking arround at the moment for a LCD tv hopefully around 37 inch but slightly smaller or larger would be ok.

i nice long warranty would be nice as i dont tend to have much luck with electrical items.

Iv seen this sony bravia 37 inch tv on the john lewis site for £499 with 5 years warranty thrown in, what do people think about this?

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. LCD TV
  3. TV
5 Comments

I dont think you can go wrong with either Sony or Panasonic Tvs. much better than the tripe they sell in commet or currys. If yuo have a panasionc store near you they will generally match john lewis and gice you the 5 year warrenty. good hunting.

richersounds.com/sho…TAR

I have 2 LG tv's at home and got the mother in law this one out of argos last year for £400. (Reduced)
Richer sounds is the cheapest for this tv.
Go to the official LG website and check all the specs out. I'm sure you'll be impressed

Just saw on the website that it's in store only now. If you want to buy it off the net then try this.
amazon.co.uk/LG-…1-6

LG tv's are top of the range tv's up there with sony.

I would personal keep well away from the LG 32/7000 range, absolutely top spec, but as we have found out these have a known sound fault which currently LG can’t sort out the software update. After four attempts to sort the fault we are getting our money back. Again only in my experience I will be keeping away from LG in the future.

I have a sony and my parents have an LG. Lets just say you get what you pay. The build quality on the LG is questionable to say the least. Even the remote looks cheap.

MIDGETMAN;4999183

I would personal keep well away from the LG 32/7000 range, absolutely top … I would personal keep well away from the LG 32/7000 range, absolutely top spec, but as we have found out these have a known sound fault which currently LG can’t sort out the software update. After four attempts to sort the fault we are getting our money back. Again only in my experience I will be keeping away from LG in the future.

Yes but the 3000 range are good

dinglebin;4999319

I have a sony and my parents have an LG. Lets just say you get what you … I have a sony and my parents have an LG. Lets just say you get what you pay. The build quality on the LG is questionable to say the least. Even the remote looks cheap.

You get what you pay for! My 37" LG tv in living room cost me £1200 and is of top quality.
My Bedroom tv 26" cost me £400 (26"LG 4000 built in DVD). £400 for a 26" tv is not cheap my friend. As you say you get what you pay for and I've had no problems and quality is out of this world. Beats Panasonic hands down. If I was going to buy any other tv I'd buy sony. My main electricals are, tv's all LG's. Laptops and other electricals are all sony. I dont do cheap as I always want good quality.
Like any tv's they have bottom range TV's and top range tv's. I could buy a cheap bottom range sony and it could be rubbish.
You've put the LG down there with the likes of acoustic solution or alba or something that is rubbish.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland47
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2238
    3. Add one, leave one game54415418
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247601

See more discussions