Best lenses in oakleys

Found 30th May
I tried a pair of Oakleys at a bbq a few weeks ago and you could pretty much look at the sun with them they were that good. The two previous pairs I have owned were nowhere near that good so I was wondering if someone could guide me in what lenses to look at? it doesn't even have to be Oakleys just something that makes things dark, preferably with a reflective coating and of the same quality. Websites down which doesnt help!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
You shouldn't look at the sun unless you are using an arc welding helmet.

No pair of sunglasses will protect your eyes from looking directly in the sun.

You should pop into a sunglasses store to see what works best for you.
Bigfootpete58 m ago

You shouldn't look at the sun unless you are using an arc welding helmet. …You shouldn't look at the sun unless you are using an arc welding helmet. No pair of sunglasses will protect your eyes from looking directly in the sun.You should pop into a sunglasses store to see what works best for you.

Obviously im not planning to buy some sunglasses to look at the sun I was just making a point to how good they seemed as in zero glare. I live in the middle of nowhere and do not have a sunglasses store
evo.com/gui…int Actually found this which is really handy! Hopefully it will help someone else
The last pair of Oakley sunglasses I bought last year had these: Lens Colour: Prizm Tungsten Polarized - I've been wearing Oakleys for about 20 years and wouldn't buy anything else - I find their lenses fantastic.
ipswich7810 m ago

The last pair of Oakley sunglasses I bought last year had these: Lens …The last pair of Oakley sunglasses I bought last year had these: Lens Colour: Prizm Tungsten Polarized - I've been wearing Oakleys for about 20 years and wouldn't buy anything else - I find their lenses fantastic.

Thanks I have just been looking at these. Unsure between the Prizm lense and the Irridium ones at the moment! Such a minefield..
chrisharry123452 m ago

Thanks I have just been looking at these. Unsure between the Prizm lense …Thanks I have just been looking at these. Unsure between the Prizm lense and the Irridium ones at the moment! Such a minefield..

Can't comment on the others. Best advice would be to go and fit some on - try them out. I bought a pair once in an airport and ended up with totally the wrong lenses. Trying them out in that environment really didn't work.
Best sunglasses you can get at the moment are Maui Jim's. Would really recommend that you try them and be blown away by how good they are compared to all the others on the market...they put their money into the lenses rather than the brand name!
I read the other day that nearly the whole market is run by one company and they just slap on different brands but the product is the same. They made Oakley go bust and bought them up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants