Best Long Term Interest Free Card

Found 4th JunEdited by:"matwalaboy"
Hello Guys,

I am looking for a good credit card that I can use to make purchases on, to the tune of £5k-£10k and would like one which gives me the best chance of being accepted at a good credit limit also with a long interest free period - and lastly if there is cashback of some form on it - that's even better.

Alternatively I could potentially also use my existing Amex Cards to make the purchase and then do a Balance Transfer if thats more lucrative.

Can someone please suggest what are the best options available to me?

Thanks a lot.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
HSBC 32 Months interest free balance transfer
"Can someone please suggest what are the best options available to me?"

Yes, although I suspect it won't impress you.

I know three people who actively play this game and none has gone bankrupt. The trouble is, they all started doing it for a few hundred for a few months. Now, they owe thousands and waste a lot of time looking for deals swap deals. A lot of time = talking about nothing else. The rest of us are sick of listening to the endless BS.

Maybe you will be different and have the iron discipline needed to read the Ts&Cs before getting into debt and then make the repayments on time.

The scum behind credit enjoy finding honest people who reckon they are too clever to be tricked with a scam.
ccnp1 h, 5 m ago

"Can someone please suggest what are the best options available to …"Can someone please suggest what are the best options available to me?"Yes, although I suspect it won't impress you. I know three people who actively play this game and none has gone bankrupt. The trouble is, they all started doing it for a few hundred for a few months. Now, they owe thousands and waste a lot of time looking for deals swap deals. A lot of time = talking about nothing else. The rest of us are sick of listening to the endless BS.Maybe you will be different and have the iron discipline needed to read the Ts&Cs before getting into debt and then make the repayments on time. The scum behind credit enjoy finding honest people who reckon they are too clever to be tricked with a scam.

Fully understand where you are coming from and appreciate your pointers. From my perspective I know I can afford the amount and will repay it in the next few months but just don’t want to commit to paying it upfront.
I got a AA one with I think 36months interest free on purchases. Got a new bed and mattress and paid it off over a few months. Card is now cut up and cancelled
ccnp11 h, 40 m ago

"Can someone please suggest what are the best options available to …"Can someone please suggest what are the best options available to me?"Yes, although I suspect it won't impress you. I know three people who actively play this game and none has gone bankrupt. The trouble is, they all started doing it for a few hundred for a few months. Now, they owe thousands and waste a lot of time looking for deals swap deals. A lot of time = talking about nothing else. The rest of us are sick of listening to the endless BS.Maybe you will be different and have the iron discipline needed to read the Ts&Cs before getting into debt and then make the repayments on time. The scum behind credit enjoy finding honest people who reckon they are too clever to be tricked with a scam.

I worked in banking for many years and I've seen so many people fall into this pit. Do a balance transfer then run the card back up. Then you get another card and another and another. Worst case I came across was someone who ran up £350000 debt on a wage of £21000. I don't do credit for that reason. My credit card is on full repayment direct debit. Debt is too easy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants