BEST MAN GIFT IDEAS - (Also Usher, father of bride, father of the groom).

Found 17th May 2008
HELP!!! I am getting married in July , my wife-to-be and I are struggling to think of what to get for the:

1, Best Man
2, Usher
3, Father of the Bride
4, Father of the groom

We have been looking at the usual cuff links and pint glasses etc.... Would like to maybe do something a bit different.

So asking for any ideas from you guys on what gifts you have given or recieved or just ideas you might have.
Any ideas are much appreciated....

1. Misc
  2. Wedding
10 Comments

Im afraid i just did the usual cufflinks and glasses etc so nothing different but did have then personalised which i think is always a nice touch. Maybe if you wanted something different you could buy gift experience vouchers?

We managed to get a signed football shirt for the best man but I had a contact then and it was a first division side. What sort of thing are they into, could you not try something personalised like that?

Banned

a nice watch

The Bridesmaids???

You could get a watch and maybe personalise it by engraving it?

what ever you get make sure you do something like this
youtube.com/wat…lr0

free beer

You could take them all paintballing for the day? Thats what we did and it was fab:-D

check out 24studio.co.uk
They do a whole range of things for bridesmaids / best man etc. They even personalise a lot of it for free. Def worth a look. :roll:

Something different maybe..
I've done a few weddin gigs & here's a selection of the best from memory>>

Gift certificates for things like bungee jumping, abseiling, surfing etc
argos vouchers - believe it or not - very funny when you present them & always well received,
Lottery scratchcards
Driving lessons for younger best men
HGV driving lessons!
Hard cash - always well received but depends on your sense of humour & wealth
Booze

The most bizarre gift for a best man at a wedding I've ever seen though was 144 tins of dog food. I wasn't told the story behind it but the best man was well happy so each to their own I suppose.

Hope this helps

Col.
Post a comment
@
    Text