Best Manual espresso machine

Posted 23rd Apr
Hi. I'm into coffee and I have nespresso for a long time but decided to have proper espresso. What machine and grinder that is good priced is out there? Don't want anything too expensive. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
It's best to understand your budget when it comes to Espresso as it's not straightforward to make properly - you can spend anything from £100 to well over £3000 depending on what you're after and that then depends on time you want to spend on making, separates or all in one devices etc.
Edited by: "chaywa" 23rd Apr
I've got one of these and it's pretty good, can adjust grind, strength and temp etc.. However I drink my coffee black, you can use it to froth milk etc but I don't.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 23rd Apr
Bialetti moka express stove top pot. Makes fabulous espresso. I use Lavazza ground coffee. Lived in Italy and this was a favourite. You want authentic, then try this.
chaywa23/04/2020 15:17

It's best to understand your budget when it comes to Espresso as it's not …It's best to understand your budget when it comes to Espresso as it's not straightforward to make properly - you can spend anything from £100 to well over £3000 depending on what you're after and that then depends on time you want to spend on making, separates or all in one devices etc.

£200 let's say
chaywa23/04/2020 16:11

In that case I'd go for a refurb Dedica - …In that case I'd go for a refurb Dedica - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B06WGTZ874/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all and a Delonghi KG79 burr grinder - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-accessories/delonghi-kg79-electric-coffee-grinder-black-10135108-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=2f489429-2329-4fcd-941a-a6a497a10e1d&istItemId=xtimtattp&istBid=t&awc=1599_1587654610_59b50a073f8e69325250a945435beb12&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~PriceSpy~Comparison%20Engine~137991~Pricespy+LtdIn normal circumstances you'd find both cheaper but this appears to be the best I can find in a few minutes of research for the moment

THanks I appreciate it!! Have you tried them yourself? What about Manual machines such as robot?
Jose_Mu23/04/2020 16:15

THanks I appreciate it!! Have you tried them yourself? What about Manual …THanks I appreciate it!! Have you tried them yourself? What about Manual machines such as robot?

It's the set up I have at home - it will certainly provide a pretty decent espresso, even if I wish it had more features.

For a manual, I've heard good things about Flair e.g maxicoffee.com/en-…tml but I've only ever seen a demo unit somewhere in London and don't have experience of pulling shots myself - if I had the space I'd totally get one though! I think the Robot may exceed your budget - and also takes up a tonne of space given its dual lever mechanism
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions