Best Mattress to buy that may help with Back problems

Found 20th Apr
Could anybody recommend a very good mattress that would help with Back and Muscle Pain.
We are due a new one. I have seen all the advertisements for Otty, Simba etc. But do they really work?
Any help would be great. I just feel by going round bed shops you just don't get a feel for them, unless you sleep on them.
Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Beware buying one too hard. I would not recommend orthopaedic to anyone. I put up with one for 10 months then took it to tip!
Just google. I like this stlbeds.com/har…ss/
The firmness depends on the persons weight so . . .
And it is subjective mumsnet.com/Tal…ard

You have to lie on them before you buy !!
Edited by: "zzzz" 20th Apr
Don't get carried away with mega expensive mattresses. It's mostly jargon. I suffered from back ache for ages till I got a good private physio. Taught me isometric back exercises, that worked wonders.
MattressMan hotel rest deluxe. Firm but comfortable after you get used to it. Find a local shop and try it out.
Memory foam.. Definitely. We have the sprung type with foam over. It's made that way from sealy beds. My advice is to find a good independent shop and go in for advice. Yeah I know you will be talking to a sales person and yes it may or may not cost more than online but it will be the right bed for you. Best thing I done for my back was get a new mattress. I left it to long to dip my short arms and i suffered
Edited by: "wayners" 20th Apr
"" after you get used to it "" well I felt like I had been in the ring with mike tyson for a week or so - never again.
I do believe that good physio advice is useful
zzzz20th Apr

Beware buying one too hard. I would not recommend orthopaedic to anyone. I …Beware buying one too hard. I would not recommend orthopaedic to anyone. I put up with one for 10 months then took it to tip!Just google. I like this https://www.stlbeds.com/hard-mattress/The firmness depends on the persons weight so . . . And it is subjective https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/housekeeping/1213668-Help-our-mattress-is-too-hardYou have to lie on them before you buy !!

Good advice.

If OP is a lightweight they will suffer on a firm mattress. Firm isn't automatically the best choice for back problems.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants