Groups

Best medicen for my cough?

Hi ive had a tickly cough for over a week now and getting pretty fed up with it, just wondering what medicen would help get rid of it?

thanks

15 Comments

Banned

Go to your doctor and ask for codiene linctus, I had a cough for 3 weeks I couldn't shift, this stuff did the trick

try sucking a fishermans friend i know a guy who knows a guy who works on the docks

Banned

Go to your doctor and ask for codiene linctus, I had a cough for 3 weeks I couldn't shift, this stuff did the trick

medicen.

thought it was a typo

Banned

Simple Linctus should work, can get it at supermarket or pharmacy

tinkerbell28

Is there an echo ITT?

lol, the same thing has happened a couple of times today in other threads , always by a newbie too !!!

Cough medicines will not get rid of it. They _may_ make you feel better - but not in my experience. They are ill-advised for children as they have shown no effect and may be harmful. Suck on syrupy/honey type stuff if it's a tickly irritating cough, to supress your urge to cough, or try mentholly stuff if it's chesty and productive. We've all got it round here, but it will go in a week or so with or without medication.

so what your saying is

you want him to Go to his doctor and ask for codiene linctus, you had a cough for 3 weeks you couldn't shift, this stuff did the trick!

is that correct?

just wanted to make sure (_;)

shopstilldrops

lol, the same thing has happened a couple of times today in other threads … lol, the same thing has happened a couple of times today in other threads , always by a newbie too !!!

Ah the old patronise newbie statement, go to love it!

Penny Saver

Cough medicines will not get rid of it. They _may_ make you feel better … Cough medicines will not get rid of it. They _may_ make you feel better - but not in my experience. They are ill-advised for children as they have shown no effect and may be harmful. Suck on syrupy/honey type stuff if it's a tickly irritating cough, to supress your urge to cough, or try mentholly stuff if it's chesty and productive. We've all got it round here, but it will go in a week or so with or without medication.

Simple linctus is basically just syrup, no real medicine in it, just coats the throat really and stops the cough that way

Try to limit amount of medicine I take but dont really count that

a dictionary should help you.....

Edited by: "petegriffin2oo8" 6th Nov 2010

covonia ... tastes nice too

Jumpingphil

Yep, I went through a phase of hearing it every night.Anyway, I'm off … Yep, I went through a phase of hearing it every night.Anyway, I'm off soon, so you can run amok then.Best wishes to you and hope you and your children are keeping well.I'm off to beddy byes now.Catch those of that are interested later.Goodnight all.

night x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2650
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846379
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871350
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1121

See more discussions