Best mens shaver for thick beard

Found 2nd Mar
Morning gents

I'm after a new shaver I always just let my beard grow then when I go to the barber's they shave it and make it look nice etc ....... I'm ready to give it a go my self ....but it looks a complete minefield..any advice to point me to a decent shaver / grooming kit

Thanks!!
Community Updates
AskHealth & Beauty
8 Comments
hey man, sounds exactly what I did (plus i rufuse to pay £10 when im balding too). So I have been using this:

argos.co.uk/pro…825

It has an adjustable cutting attachment thingy so you can find your length. I started on the highest (6) and worked my way down (only on 5) and seems to do the trick.

Another trick I did was to have a "final" cut at the barbers, leave it a week or so and try trimming it yourself. That way you can find out what sort of shape you are after. Some trial and error im afraid
Original Poster
Hey thanks for the reply !! Does that cut through tough facial hair nothing worse than the feeling your tearing your face off

Thanks again
I have the exact same one and even though you get a lot for your money and the shaver on its own is quite good the plastic heads are not the best quality, very flimsy and feel like theyre going to break every time you take them on and off.
I have this one - works great. argos.co.uk/pro…043 Can't believe the current price mind - I paid less than £20 a few years back! Still going and has a great battery.

Just set it to No. 7 with the standard comb attached, trim the beard and then tidy up the edges without the comb fitted.
paulj485 m ago

I have the exact same one and even though you get a lot for your money and …I have the exact same one and even though you get a lot for your money and the shaver on its own is quite good the plastic heads are not the best quality, very flimsy and feel like theyre going to break every time you take them on and off.

yeah i agree, they feel flimsy and feel im gonna snap them (touch wood, not done that yet!)

andyleeds2044 m ago

Hey thanks for the reply !! Does that cut through tough facial hair …Hey thanks for the reply !! Does that cut through tough facial hair nothing worse than the feeling your tearing your face off Thanks again

Yeah man, I trim my beard pretty well with it, does the job nicely and you are not left in pain thats for sure
Original Poster
Van197342 m ago

I have this one - works great. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3466043 …I have this one - works great. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3466043 Can't believe the current price mind - I paid less than £20 a few years back! Still going and has a great battery.Just set it to No. 7 with the standard comb attached, trim the beard and then tidy up the edges without the comb fitted.

26.99 at Amazon think I'm going to order it ....I'm starting to look like a lion / big issue seller

Cheers
andyleeds206 m ago

26.99 at Amazon think I'm going to order it ....I'm starting to look like …26.99 at Amazon think I'm going to order it ....I'm starting to look like a lion / big issue seller Cheers

its only £9.99 at argos, a little bit cheaper
Original Poster
darthvader666uk31 m ago

its only £9.99 at argos, a little bit cheaper

Quoted the wrong person lol!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions