Best method for posting a PS4

Found 8th Mar
Hi guys. Just wondering which courier/service you lot would recommend for posting a Ps4? I usually use royal mail for everything as I feel these couriers online aren't trustworthy. But it's likely going to cost 25£ + for its weight and value with insurance cover and no buyer is going to want to pay that (oddly.. Id personally want to pay to get the item to me safe rather than take a gamble) but people do like to be cheap. Which other methods would be recommended? That you lot have used multiple times without issue?

Appreciate all advice. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
My Hermes
Why not sell it on a collection only basis? The onus is on you to ship it as ultimately if it doesn't turn up / gets damaged in the post it will be your responsibility to resolve the problem so you are only protecting yourself with an insured service.

I have sold plenty of higher value things on Gumtree / Facebook Marketplace - just do collection only and cash on collection and you'll be fine.
also just be aware that insurance through couriers usually have quite a high excess so check that before assuming its covered for the correct value.
I've used collect plus and never had a issue - also some first order discounts you can find
ipswich781 h, 20 m ago

Why not sell it on a collection only basis? The onus is on you to ship it …Why not sell it on a collection only basis? The onus is on you to ship it as ultimately if it doesn't turn up / gets damaged in the post it will be your responsibility to resolve the problem so you are only protecting yourself with an insured service.I have sold plenty of higher value things on Gumtree / Facebook Marketplace - just do collection only and cash on collection and you'll be fine.

Have listed it locally on shpock and Facebook but people seem to think that by pestering me with spam messages will make me break and give it them for a heavily discounted price. Telling them no has already become frustrating. I do hope a serious/sensible buyer comes along locally though.
paulj4841 m ago

also just be aware that insurance through couriers usually have quite a …also just be aware that insurance through couriers usually have quite a high excess so check that before assuming its covered for the correct value.

I will be sure to. As mentioned above I'd love to sell it locally but people are such time wasters / hagglers it puts me off wanting to leave it listed. And just paying the heavy postage cost online.
sohailh198425 m ago

I've used collect plus and never had a issue - also some first order …I've used collect plus and never had a issue - also some first order discounts you can find

I will check these out and get a quote online. Have you used it to send such a fragile item? I can just picture somebody lobbing it about the sorting offices.. It gives me anxiety lol
chantelle3109 m ago

Have listed it locally on shpock and Facebook but people seem to think …Have listed it locally on shpock and Facebook but people seem to think that by pestering me with spam messages will make me break and give it them for a heavily discounted price. Telling them no has already become frustrating. I do hope a serious/sensible buyer comes along locally though.

You'll always get traders trying it on when using local sites, eventually you'll get an interested genuine buyer, usually a weekend in my experience.

Out of curiosity what type is it? Sometimes people are very optimistic with pricing, saw a wii bundle on Shpock recently for £200, it's worth about £40 what they had.
The traders are what bug me most... One guy sent me 5 messages upping his price £5 a time and his final offer just about got to £100.. Clicked on his profile and he was selling multiple of the same console for £230.. Felt the need to report him but didn't waste my time, he got the hint soon enough. I did sell my gaming PC locally. After a few weeks so I have hope. Its a 6 month old slim thats been played about 10 times. Have it priced at £150 which I feel is reasonable after pricing them up on ebay for a week.
Richard_Richard12 m ago

You'll always get traders trying it on when using local sites, eventually …You'll always get traders trying it on when using local sites, eventually you'll get an interested genuine buyer, usually a weekend in my experience.Out of curiosity what type is it? Sometimes people are very optimistic with pricing, saw a wii bundle on Shpock recently for £200, it's worth about £40 what they had.

chantelle3107 m ago

The traders are what bug me most... One guy sent me 5 messages upping his …The traders are what bug me most... One guy sent me 5 messages upping his price £5 a time and his final offer just about got to £100.. Clicked on his profile and he was selling multiple of the same console for £230.. Felt the need to report him but didn't waste my time, he got the hint soon enough. I did sell my gaming PC locally. After a few weeks so I have hope. Its a 6 month old slim thats been played about 10 times. Have it priced at £150 which I feel is reasonable after pricing them up on ebay for a week.

£150 for a slim is reasonable, can't imagine he gets many buyers at £230.

I'd advertise it again Friday evening for the weekend buyers, thinking of Facebook specifically as the way the ads are listed they easily get lost if the post is a few days old. Less of an issue on Shpock, but it does disappear from the "new" section after a few days.
Anything expensive I always use The Royal Mail as it'll be one day delivery and I'd be covered. I'd prefer paying the extra £10 on postage than I would like to risk it with someone like my hermes who leaves items on porches when I tell them not too.
A lot of people who list on eBay that sell their PS4 quote £10-12 for postage click. If I was selling my PS4 bundle I would probably charge £15 for delivery and chip in the rest myself. I would use RM.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 8th Mar
For peace of mind I always use royal mail because your item can be insured but you could try DPD,My Hermes, yodel etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants