Best method to send money to Bangladesh?

Posted 23rd AprEdited by:"MRRUK"
Hi guys, parents need to send money back home to family, wondering what you all would recommend on the method to do this? They normally go the shops and do it through western union, but with how things are now with covid, hoping there's an easier method. Also not sure if western union exchange rates are a rip off or if other providers any better. Thanks
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
PayPal
How does this compare?

transferwise.com/gb/…esh

It's who Monzo use, but BDT is not an option in the Monzo app.
Why not just international bank transfer via iban reference. Should then get banking exchange rates which could be better. You'd need to check with your bank what the fee might be.
Ria are better in my opinion in terms of sending fee. They charge 1 pound for sending money but after a certain amount its free to send. I haven't yet tried an online method.
Edited by: "assadmah" 23rd Apr
Your local travel agency’s send money abroad to all banks and available in each town and city. They charge £5
Xoom. It’s a PayPal service.
worldremit
Sonali bank bro, it’s a bank and their open or blekala
We use websites such as worldremit, azimo, remitly to send money to Pakistan. From our bank account straight into their bank account back home. Rates are usually very good and competitive compared to other websites
I've used Fairfx several times for sending money to India. Direct from my bank to theirs. No fee and a decent exchage rate, no problem.
Edited by: "robh" 24th Apr
Ap sylhetti hai?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions