Best microwave available? Budget of £200

Posted 29th Jul 2020
Hello everyone,

In need of a new microwave and I would like the best that £200 can buy.

Looking for atleast 900w (1000w is preferable), stainless steel interior, physical timer if possible but don't really need a built in grill or anything gimmicky

Please can put your suggestions, I want the best microwave available. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
NOT What to buy. The pitfalls of buying a microwave nowadays.

Needed to replace a Panasonic 750w Microwave that broke down after twenty years of service. It was sturdy, reliable and built to last. Did a comprehensive research, checked the glowing, fantastic reviews and finally chose the Panasonic NN-ST48KSBPQ . As a shrewd consumer always examine carefully the negative reviews, only one person stated the loud noise of the inverter. So bought the Microwave due to the overwhelming positive reviews and comments.

What a disappointment! First off slightly smaller in dimensions internally and externally than the official documentation. The actual build quality is sub-standard with a flimsy stanless steel exterior. Unfortunately after doing more in-depth research found out the Chinese inverters are poor quality, loud and have a history of causing interference with Wireless technology! And yes whilst in use does affect my broadband! The actual stainless steel exterior does easily rust! Also the loud bleeping noise after each action is frustratingly annoying!

So my advice is research each microwave, but also check out unbiased, independent You Tube content about each Microwave and their technology!
Edited by: "nemesiz" 30th Jul
I wouldn't class a grill or oven capability as gimmicky - I gave a combination and its been great! It's not quite as hot at max temp compared to my gas oven, but it's really handy. I wouldn't discount the idea completely.

If anyone had any suggestions for a decent combination microwave, I'd be very interested (ours needs replacing about about 10-15 years loyal service)
nemesiz30/07/2020 06:26

NOT What to buy. The pitfalls of buying a microwave nowadays.Needed to …NOT What to buy. The pitfalls of buying a microwave nowadays.Needed to replace a Panasonic 750w Microwave that broke down after twenty years of service. It was sturdy, reliable and built to last. Did a comprehensive research, checked the glowing, fantastic reviews and finally chose the Panasonic NN-ST48KSBPQ . As a shrewd consumer always examine carefully the negative reviews, only one person stated the loud noise of the inverter. So bought the Microwave due to the overwhelming positive reviews and comments.What a disappointment! First off slightly smaller in dimensions internally and externally than the official documentation. The actual build quality is sub-standard with a flimsy stanless steel exterior. Unfortunately after doing more in-depth research found out the Chinese inverters are poor quality, loud and have a history of causing interference with Wireless technology! And yes whilst in use does affect my broadband! The actual stainless steel exterior does easily rust! Also the loud bleeping noise after each action is frustratingly annoying! So my advice is research each microwave, but also check out unbiased, independent You Tube content about each Microwave and their technology!

When I read comments like this....
Stainless steel does not mean rust free
Edited by: "mtsk" 31st Jul
endofdays30/07/2020 08:32

I wouldn't class a grill or oven capability as gimmicky - I gave a …I wouldn't class a grill or oven capability as gimmicky - I gave a combination and its been great! It's not quite as hot at max temp compared to my gas oven, but it's really handy. I wouldn't discount the idea completely. If anyone had any suggestions for a decent combination microwave, I'd be very interested (ours needs replacing about about 10-15 years loyal service)

I went for a Panasonic inverter with grill as it's 950w and there aren't many decent sized microwaves with the power for a fair price I think there's a slight advantage for the Inverter types than the others for lower power heating . That's probably the one I would recommend you can get them around 80/120 pounds.
Something like this maybe better suited too you,

No idea if it's a good price or not though

ecatering.co.uk/buy…BwE
MynameisM30/07/2020 13:38

I went for a Panasonic inverter with grill as it's 950w and there aren't …I went for a Panasonic inverter with grill as it's 950w and there aren't many decent sized microwaves with the power for a fair price I think there's a slight advantage for the Inverter types than the others for lower power heating . That's probably the one I would recommend you can get them around 80/120 pounds.

Have you got a model/name please and I'll look it up
Much prefer flatbed type microwave ovens to the conventional turn table. If you go for a combination microwave get one that is a fan oven ( often called forced air) rather than just a grill.
Do NOT buy a Panasonic !!

1. First hour I had it it broke and tripped the house electrics. Terrible customer service eventualy they sent someone to fix it.
2. The door cracked because it was made from cheap plastic.
3. Bulb went (dont they all)
4. The turn table stopped working.

This is a small house hold of 1 person.
We have an old Panasonic Combi oven that's coming up for its 7th Birthday and the in laws have a grill type one of similar age. Given this I'd normally recommend Panasonic but the newer ones do get bad reports for reliability as has been said on this thread.
endofdays30/07/2020 14:18

Have you got a model/name please and I'll look it up

This is one I got about 3 years ago,

Panasonic NN-GD371S Microwave and Grill, Stainless Steel
Post a comment
@
    Text