Groups

Best mini RC helicopter

I'm looking to invest in a mini rc helicopter ( the ones that cost £15-£30) and was looking for some advice. Ideally it must be able to fly with something light like a ciggy suspended below it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The controls must be able to manoeuvre the helicopter in all directions though. I had a crappy one a few years ago which would only rotate in one direction and I don't want anything like that again

16 Comments

Banned

It was on gadget show the other week so might wanna check Five's website for the top 5 helis

Paddy Charlie;6725093

It was on gadget show the other week so might wanna check Five's website … It was on gadget show the other week so might wanna check Five's website for the top 5 helis

+1 heres the link ...

fwd.five.tv/gad…oys

EDIT: beat me 2 it

Banned

I'd have loved that Heli mission one when I was younger

I asked this same question the other week, let me find the post. Also, the gadget show ones were all £30 - £50

Banned

bargainhunter2009;6725177

I asked this same question the other week, let me find the post. Also, … I asked this same question the other week, let me find the post. Also, the gadget show ones were all £30 - £50

The i fairy was £15 lol

Usually the cheaper one break quick easily I had an apache one which I used for 20 seconds and it broke. Just did a vertical take off and landed it on carpet didn't even rotate it. But it fell over on side when landed and broke a blade which I glued back on but controls were rubbish after the break

Original Poster

Thanks guys rep will be left. I'll have a look at those links when I get home from work. £30 - £50 is ok too if its good. I'm due a reasonable bonus from work in my next payslip and this was my first thought on what to buy first with it lol.

I had a deprived childhood. All my RC toys weren't radio controlled....... they were remote controlled so had cables attached from the controller to the car, boat etc

I was born 20 years to early!

Original Poster

How awesome is this. I can finally wage war against the cat from the safety of my sofa

amazon.co.uk/Fir…-11

Paddy Charlie;6725383

The i fairy was £15 lolUsually the cheaper one break quick easily I had … The i fairy was £15 lolUsually the cheaper one break quick easily I had an apache one which I used for 20 seconds and it broke. Just did a vertical take off and landed it on carpet didn't even rotate it. But it fell over on side when landed and broke a blade which I glued back on but controls were rubbish after the break

But thats girly andI think op a man. And I cant find it anywhere for £15

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;6725594

But thats girly andI think op a man. And I cant find it anywhere for £15

You think right!

i've had several and all brake pretty easily,very fun though and take a while to be a pro at it

anyone used a bladerunner 3? I noticed these locally for about £20.

Original Poster

alternate;6730989

anyone used a bladerunner 3? I noticed these locally for about £20.

They have a polysterene shell though. I would have though the best to have would be one which is made from 'proper' plastic

autolesbona;6733071

They have a polysterene shell though. I would have though the best to … They have a polysterene shell though. I would have though the best to have would be one which is made from 'proper' plastic

Do they? and is plastic better? that is why I was asking, saw then in the local store, online reviews seem favourable, never actually saw one up close?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3241153
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764585
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions