Found 17th Jan 2011
My contract is up in the next few days, Looking for a new handset, what does anybody reccomend?

I currently have the Nokia 32gb N97

Thanks

16 Comments

in before iphone/htc

Original Poster

Babbabooey

in before iphone/htc

Haha yeah, Not really interested in a Iphone.......Don't wanna look like everyone else walking down the street.

SIM-only contracts & whatever phone and bought whenever you like is what I recommend. It's cheaper, more flexible, and allows you choice.

Just had a flyer come with postie, they,ve got some nice blacberrys, quoting best monthly price you will find, 99% uk pop covered and you keep your number???? worth a look
0800 952 2035 or virginmobile.co.uk or pop in shop
Though in the small print on the back prices for ebill, for paper add £1.25. £4.99 delivery for web and phone orders, mmm bit of a cheek charging delivery!

oldmankensey

Haha yeah, Not really interested in a Iphone.......Don't wanna look like … Haha yeah, Not really interested in a Iphone.......Don't wanna look like everyone else walking down the street.

then i wouldnt bother with a desire then

IPhone 4, Nexus S, desire HD, windows 7 phones

Original Poster

MarzBarz

IPhone 4, Nexus S, desire HD, windows 7 phones

Which are the windows 7 phones?

Am I right in saying you can get xbox achievments on that?

Without a doubt the Orange San Francisco for £99 from Orange or Argos, it can be unlocked for free, flashed with the latest Froyo rom and it's then as good as an iPhone (yes Android haters/iPhone lovers will say this is ****) but it really is

The info about the phone can be found here including how to unlock it and flash the latest software - and my 14 yr old son did his on his own with no help.
android.modaco.com/cat…om/

Combined with a giffgaff payg sim unlimited internet and texts for £10 a month what more could you want?

SF is better than the iPhone 3g but not as good As the 3g s or 4.

MarzBarz

SF is better than the iPhone 3g but not as good As the 3g s or 4.

dont see how you can compare them at all tbh-they are two different things-both great phones,but you either want the itunes app store or the android one-dont see how anyone can say one is "better" than the other-its like comparing an apple with a banana.

Im not a fanboy either way-you want an iphone,buy one,you want an android phone,buy that-its all about choice.

For most people they can be compared ie speed and apps. Alot of people don't use android to its full potential.

oldmankensey

Haha yeah, Not really interested in a Iphone.......Don't wanna look like … Haha yeah, Not really interested in a Iphone.......Don't wanna look like everyone else walking down the street.

Why not try the Motorola Defy?
excellent touch screen & display, android 2.2 and cool party tricks
you'll have to deal with an average camera and battery though

Edited by: "kyashwanth36" 17th Jan 2011

HTC Desire

Banned

I´ll have your N97 please

I left Nokia/Symbian because they are just rubbish compared to Android phones now.
I'd recommend the Galaxy S and the even better Nexus S. If you can wait a few more months, we should see a bunch of dual-core phones arriving.

Just make sure you get an Android powered phone. They're the nuts.

Having played on an HTC Mozart I can fully recommend them, they're just so so so much fun!!!
ftr i have a 3gs but am seriously considering selling it for one now...
Edited by: "tomwatts" 17th Jan 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66726
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions