Best mobile at £200?

Found 7th Nov 2017
Looking to buy mobile - would like decent camera, Apple/Android Pay and that it won’t be a brick because of no updates after 12 months. Keep flirting between refurb IPhones, Motorolas and WileyFox - but still not closer to a decision.

Opinions and tips would be massively welcomed as I try and make my mind up!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

Motorola Moto G5 (3Gb) £149.99 @ Motorola *With Code UKWELCOME10 - HotUKDeals
hotukdeals.com/dea…315

This phone ships with Android 7.0 (Nougat) and will get an update to Android 8.0 (Oreo) early next year. It has a decent camera, fingerprint reader, but no NFC - which means Android Pay is not supported unfortunately.

This particular model also supports dual-SIM, which means you can use one PAYG / SIMO for the best voice / text deal you can find and another PAYG / SIMO for the best data deal you can find.

The HotUKDeals Sim only thread - all of the cheapest sim only deals and free sim offers - HotUKDeals
hotukdeals.com/dea…975
Edited by: "m00head" 7th Nov 2017

I'd highly recommend the Android One OS Mi A1.
It's not got NFC, but I carry my contactless card and ( I have Apple watch.)

The thing to look for is value for money and a great OS experience. This device is smoother than Kerigold butter and faster than the Saturn 5 rocket.

Mi A1 delivers and then some (I've been iPhone since 2007).

The 'singles day' starts 16.00hrs this Thursday, search the site for Xiaomi.
If you can snag a Mi A1 for sub £160 you have the best value for money on Planet Earth imo.
Cheers

Posted from a Mi A1
Edited by: "deany76" 7th Nov 2017

Original Poster

Thanks both. So is NFC a step too far for a decent £200 phone?

p8 lite 2017 is an oka phone and has nfc
Edited by: "jonmarz89" 7th Nov 2017

LonDealHunter10 m ago

Thanks both. So is NFC a step too far for a decent £200 phone?

You maybe compromising all the other benefits of a non NFC, out of 24hrs how many time would you use NFC, just whip your contactless out.
Cheers
Edited by: "deany76" 7th Nov 2017

I think you can get nice leather cases for smartphone and Card, so present phone, with card in case, to terminal.
Not looked into it, but I know they exist.
Cheers

Posted on Mi A1

Nokia 6 would tick all the boxs. Currently £199@CPW SIM FREE

i still say p8. lite 2017

jonmarz8934 m ago

i still say p8. lite 2017

P8 Lite will not see past Oreo 8.0 if you lucky, EMUI skin isn't for everyone. Nokia is close to stock, better camera, 32gb rom vs 16gb rom, adds Cornering Gorilla Glass,Dolby Atmos, fast charging. P8 Lite has known gyroscope issues if VR or 360 degree videos thought about. Nokia has front fingerprint scanner, P8 Lite on rear (so personal preference I see the arguments for both) The Nokia 6 will see Android P. One thing for the P8 Lite 2017 - slightly better processor and both devices have 3gb ram. Price wise both the same.
It also dreads me to say this but refurb iPhone 6 series also.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 7th Nov 2017

cecilmcroberts26 m ago

P8 Lite will not see past Oreo 8.0 if you lucky, EMUI skin isn't for …P8 Lite will not see past Oreo 8.0 if you lucky, EMUI skin isn't for everyone. Nokia is close to stock, better camera, 32gb rom vs 16gb rom, adds Cornering Gorilla Glass,Dolby Atmos, fast charging. P8 Lite has known gyroscope issues if VR or 360 degree videos thought about. Nokia has front fingerprint scanner, P8 Lite on rear (so personal preference I see the arguments for both) The Nokia 6 will see Android P. One thing for the P8 Lite 2017 - slightly better processor and both devices have 3gb ram. Price wise both the same.It also dreads me to say this but refurb iPhone 6 series also.

tbf i don't no about Nokia, i thought there went out of game with Windows os , i prefer finger print scanner at front, so yea Nokia seems better

Motorola G5, as the first person said. My grandmother has a Moto G4 and she likes it, and it has a fingerprint scanner

Wileyfox swift 2 plus 32gb £155 includes NFC

ao.com/pro…BwE
Edited by: "davewave" 8th Nov 2017

Wileyfox Swift 2 range will have what you need.

People will come and moan about the Snapdragon in the phone but being an avid user of the 2X it really is great value.

Speedy, looks good, fingerprint sensor (on the back but very natural placement) and has NFC, hardly ever use my bank card anymore.

Only let down is the camera, their customer service has improved massively now too.

A moto G5 Plus sim free on sale £199.99 at CPW - HotUKDeals
hotukdeals.com/dea…049
Post a comment
@
    Text