Expired

Best Mobile Broadband?

8 replies
Found 5th Feb 2009
I've just bought myself a NC10 and now I'd like to get myself a Pay as you go mobile broadband dongle for me to surf internet everywhere i go. I've got no experience in these so wondering if anyone could share some experience? and also what company has the best deal out there? i.e. best PAYG rate, coverage etc. Thanks in advance.

8 Comments

Im not sure about packages on Pay and Go but I have 3 mobile bb on pay monthly and travel a lot workwise and have yet to find anywhere in the UK where 3 hasnt provided a good level of coverage, so id certainly recommend them.

On the flip side I tried o2 before 3 and found their coverage was shocking to say the least, many places only being supplied with GPRS coverage (snail like) as opposed to the 3g or HSDPA (3.5g) coverage I seem to get everywhere with 3.

Id certainly suggest checking coverage in areas before you buy as with P&G I doubt they would take it back if the coverage was rubbish.

Hope this helps

Original Poster

Thanks for sharing! Rep added

jase.2;4290488

Im not sure about packages on Pay and Go but I have 3 mobile bb on pay … Im not sure about packages on Pay and Go but I have 3 mobile bb on pay monthly and travel a lot workwise and have yet to find anywhere in the UK where 3 hasnt provided a good level of coverage, so id certainly recommend them.On the flip side I tried o2 before 3 and found their coverage was shocking to say the least, many places only being supplied with GPRS coverage (snail like) as opposed to the 3g or HSDPA (3.5g) coverage I seem to get everywhere with 3.Id certainly suggest checking coverage in areas before you buy as with P&G I doubt they would take it back if the coverage was rubbish.Hope this helps

I would have to agree, i travel quite a bit and 3 broadband rarely lets me down, the only place it doesnt work is at home!! Good quidco available too and 25% off

Original Poster

Cool, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I think overall 3 have the widest coverage of all the networks, but Vodafone have the highest speed but that is more limited to larger centers of population.

T mobile have shocking coverage round here (so hence Virgin are pretty **** too) but do offer unlimited download tariffs.

Personally, I'm also on 3 and find thats pretty good (got the 1/2 price contract thing on here a while back). They also do mobile broadband starter packs with x amount of download capacity preinstalled - the 3 gb pack was £50 or there abouts and offered £10ish on quidco too which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Original Poster

social lurker;4291688

I think overall 3 have the widest coverage of all the networks, but … I think overall 3 have the widest coverage of all the networks, but Vodafone have the highest speed but that is more limited to larger centers of population. T mobile have shocking coverage round here (so hence Virgin are pretty **** too) but do offer unlimited download tariffs. Personally, I'm also on 3 and find thats pretty good (got the 1/2 price contract thing on here a while back). They also do mobile broadband starter packs with x amount of download capacity preinstalled - the 3 gb pack was £50 or there abouts and offered £10ish on quidco too which I thought was a pretty good deal.

yea i did just that. in fact its £68.XX + £11 quico. :thumbsup:

Re above i'm after mobile broadband but even where my mates who are on 3 regret is it a little or no coverage even for phone?

Has anyone used Vodafone PAYG mobile broadband? - seems to be the best price place £15 per Gig with NO expiry date on data unlike it seems all other networks - or am i wrong?

t mobile quite good doesnt charge u if u go over your data allowance
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.713
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710977
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769284
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216631

See more discussions