Best mobile contract for around £10?

Edited by:"CSkel"Found 27th Oct 2017
Hi there. I'm on the lookout for a decent mobile phone contract for my father. His budget is about £10p/m. He'd like a new phone with 500mins, 500 texts, 1GB data for 24 months if possible.

Has anybody seen anything worthy recently? I tend to go for higher end phones so I'm not clued up on the cheaper phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Could try and get a se for similar price? For maybe £1 or £2 extra

iPhone SE

Original Poster

Thanks puddles, but I forgot to mention an important point... he's old and used to Android phones... so would prefer to stick to android if poss.

I think Tesco mobile offer the “Moto G5” for £13.50 a month for 24 months with 500 mins, 5,000 text and 1 GB of data. Your need to check but I think the phone has a 5 inch screen so is quite big, 13mp camera and a finger print sensor. I also think the phone is new and came out this year but your need to check as I ain’t certain on everything I said.

Also Tesco mobile cap the contact if you choose to have it capped which means that you can’t go over your mins, text and data avoiding you from extra charges.

Original Poster

Bler16 m ago

I think Tesco mobile offer the “Moto G5” for £13.50 a month for 24 months w …I think Tesco mobile offer the “Moto G5” for £13.50 a month for 24 months with 500 mins, 5,000 text and 1 GB of data. Your need to check but I think the phone has a 5 inch screen so is quite big, 13mp camera and a finger print sensor. I also think the phone is new and came out this year but your need to check as I ain’t certain on everything I said.Also Tesco mobile cap the contact if you choose to have it capped which means that you can’t go over your mins, text and data avoiding you from extra charges.

Good shout. He currently has a Motorola so wouldn't be too much of a shock to the system. I've just taken a look and it's currently £13.99 - not bad! I'll have a shop around to see if there are any offers / discounts / quidco etc. Thanks very much

Try the sim only thread if he's not after a new phone, that kind of contract will be achievable for less than £10. I wouldn't know if he wants a phone though

Original Poster

AaronK9615 m ago

Try the sim only thread if he's not after a new phone, that kind of …Try the sim only thread if he's not after a new phone, that kind of contract will be achievable for less than £10. I wouldn't know if he wants a phone though

He's deffo after a new phone. The Motorola he has at the moment is from 2013\14. Thanks though, it's an option if he won't budge on price

CSkel1 h, 0 m ago

He's deffo after a new phone. The Motorola he has at the moment is from …He's deffo after a new phone. The Motorola he has at the moment is from 2013\14. Thanks though, it's an option if he won't budge on price

Well the plan itself can be had for around £5/month if you look at SIM only from ID Mobile, Plusnet etc. So assuming you're looking at total cost, that's £120 over the two years to buy a phone which is easily doable.

One option might be to get the SIM card now, use it with his existing phone, and then you can afford to sit tight for a good deal on an unlocked phone. Black Friday and Boxing Day are coming up so unless it's critical to get the new phone now, I'd personally wait until then to see if there are any deals. If he doesn't mind a pre-owned phone, Amazon usually has 20% off their Warehouse Deals for Black Friday, and you could pick up a previous generation phone (e.g. Moto G4 Plus) for easily within your budget.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants