Groups

best mobile for bbc iplayer?

Hi, can anyone advise me which would be the best mobile for watching iplayer on? In particular which ones allow programmes to be downloaded and watched later rather than streamed? Thanks.

8 Comments

iPhone or Android

None, at the moment. The BBC iPlayer app isnt out on iPhone yet, and the Android version doesn't allow you to download to watch when offline. There used to be an app for Android called MyPlayer, but they seem to have switched the download option off...so all you can do now is strem TV like with TV Catchup

SirBargainsALot

None, at the moment. The BBC iPlayer app isnt out on iPhone yet, and the … None, at the moment. The BBC iPlayer app isnt out on iPhone yet, and the Android version doesn't allow you to download to watch when offline. There used to be an app for Android called MyPlayer, but they seem to have switched the download option off...so all you can do now is strem TV like with TV Catchup

You don't need to use an app. Just open it using Safari.

only streamers so bit pointless unless you have (a) good connection and (b) great data allowance (hello giffgaff.........)

My crappy Samsung Monte does streaming and downloading on it's iplayer widget. It's about the only decent thing on this abortion of a phone

scrumpypaul

only streamers so bit pointless unless you have (a) good connection and … only streamers so bit pointless unless you have (a) good connection and (b) great data allowance (hello giffgaff.........)

...or wifi.

I thought there was going to be an iPlayer app available for any Android 2.2 and higher phone released last week? I haven't seen the app, but I did hear something about it.

Theres an iPlayer app on the nexus S and that is android 2.3
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047143
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1425
      3. word association Game73944522
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869

See more discussions