Groups

Best mobile for elderly person - Not Motofone F3 !

OK looking to get a phone for my old Mum who is now in a rehab hospital after having a stroke. going to get her one of the TalkMobile £6 sim cards to she can make the odd call out.

Mainly want it so friends and family can text her messages, so looking for something with an easy to read screen and a reasonable simple menu structure (so that rules out the F3) - she is 73 and just had a stroke but the hospital seem to allow the inmates to have mobiles.

any ideas - any phones still out there with a mono screen, maybe that would be best - or something I can get secind hand maybe.

thanks all

EliTom

11 Comments

this one would be quite good. clear screen and simple to use - no complicated bells and whistles !

phones4u.co.uk/sho…101

Orange PAYG have a good deal at the mo - top up with £10 per month and get 300 free texts. Also phone calls are only 15p per minute any time any network. If you get a different phone you can still get an orange sim card fee from their website.
    Hope this helps

surely if in hospital they should be 'patients' and not 'inmates' !!

Best wishes anyway

He says rehab hospital, not a normal hospital.

Simply Sagem Vs1 Are Quite Good For Elderly People. They Are Recommended By Saga I Think. You Can Find Them Quite Reasonably On Ebay.

Original Poster

geezerBJ;1415853

surely if in hospital they should be 'patients' and not 'inmates' !!Best … surely if in hospital they should be 'patients' and not 'inmates' !!Best wishes anyway

just kidding - we tell her she's an inmate now

Original Poster

t0mm;1415864

He says rehab hospital, not a normal hospital.

cheers t0mm - its a stroke rehab unit so more relaxed than a normal hospital

Original Poster

bluetigermobiles;1415889

Simply Sagem Vs1 Are Quite Good For Elderly People. They Are Recommended … Simply Sagem Vs1 Are Quite Good For Elderly People. They Are Recommended By Saga I Think. You Can Find Them Quite Reasonably On Ebay.

Now you mention it I remember them - I will check out the bay

I'd recommend any basic Nokias personally. Cheap and easy to use.
    I posted a deal earlier for one for £14.99 from Argos

Original Poster

highguyuk;1416472

I'd recommend any basic Nokias personally. Cheap and easy to use.I posted … I'd recommend any basic Nokias personally. Cheap and easy to use.I posted a deal earlier for one for £14.99 from Argos

just reserved one - for £15 I'll give it a shot

cheers

EliTom

Can't really go wrong with Nokia's for elderly people.
    Siemens phones were also very easy to use, but unfortunatly not being sold anymore.
    All the best anyways, send her the best wishes from hotukdeals members

Original Poster

dan1992;1420049

All the best anyways, send her the best wishes from hotukdeals members All the best anyways, send her the best wishes from hotukdeals members

I will certainly do that - many thanks for your thoughts

ATB

EliTom
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846239
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764385
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33196

See more discussions