Groups

Best mobile phone for under £300

Calling all mobile connoisseurs.

I'm wondering what is the very best phone under £300. Looking for an Android phone.

Don't really 'game' on my phone. But may pass time here and there on basic games.

Looking for a powerful phone, with great screen, that doesn't lag browsing the Internet etc.

Been thinking of the Oneplus 3T but that's £399.00.

Preferably looking to spend less than £300 as I can get £230 plus for my old phone and don't want to add much to the new phone.

Many thanks.

11 Comments

The oneplus 3t is worth the extra.

For a trade in of £230 u must have a decent phone at the minute
    Edited by: "Daniboy" 15th Feb

Huawei P9. Paper specs arent the best but my user experience is its smooth almost like iphone. Plus you can get dualsim which could be handy.

Original Poster

Daniboy

For a trade in of £230 u must have a decent phone at the minute

​Samsung S6 edge 64gb. But it's close to coming out of warranty.

StoneyWales

​You are going to struggle to beat that for £300.. Still a decent phone.
    You can possibly find a few with the Qualcomm 820 but you are likely to get a naff interface which may require flashing an alternative ROM and so so build quality

Original Poster

​The wife's got the P9 lite and to be honest, whilst it's not as powerful as the P9 under the hood, I am very impressed. Handles everything thrown at it, though if there is one slight negative, the camera isn't great. But for me, it's more than good enough.

There's so many mid range phones now, and even high end phones that are mid ranged prices. It's become a bit of a mindfield for me to be honest.

I got up to £300 really, and there's so many to choose from.

Original Poster

Boringgit

​You are going to struggle to beat that for £300.. Still a decent ph … ​You are going to struggle to beat that for £300.. Still a decent phone.You can possibly find a few with the Qualcomm 820 but you are likely to get a naff interface which may require flashing an alternative ROM and so so build quality

​Yes I agree, I'm happy with the phone and realise that it's still a good un, but I fancy something with warranty and a change now.

Had it almost 2 years and I'm thinking a change with warranty might be good. But I do appreciate your point.

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

The oneplus 3t is worth the extra.

​Is the cheapest £399 though. Does anyone know if it's a tad cheaper anywhere? I have to be honest, I do like the look of that phone.

You can try CEX Grade A/B stuff - they offer a 2 year warranty with all their phones as well.

StoneyWales

Your in the exact same situation am in. I decided to stick with it. Can't see a phone better around that price point. I just had the battery replaced at a Samsung repair centre for 40 quid. I don't game, mainly browse and the camera is still decent. It's the only time I have not been bothered about an upgrade, i can't fault it

Original Poster

Daniboy

Your in the exact same situation am in. I decided to stick with it. Can't … Your in the exact same situation am in. I decided to stick with it. Can't see a phone better around that price point. I just had the battery replaced at a Samsung repair centre for 40 quid. I don't game, mainly browse and the camera is still decent. It's the only time I have not been bothered about an upgrade, i can't fault it

​I've twisted. I'm selling it for £233 to Gecko Mobile and I've just picked up the Moto X Force for £208. I must be mad because I've bought it from Eglobal Central (Hong Kong, saving around £150 plus) but I've paid through PayPal so I've got 6 months no hassle there and I'll register it with Barclays insurance. So here goes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767288
      3. word association Game73944492
      4. What would be HELL to you?1517

See more discussions