Best mobile phone holder for cars?

Found 2nd May
Looking for some user experience with any kind of phone holders for cars, vent, dashboard etc. (i have iphone 6s)

name, price and maybe link to product will be much appreciated in advance.
Community Updates
AskSmartphone Accessories
Top comments
Switch it off and put it in your pocket... That's the best place for a phone in a car.
18 Comments
Really good one i use is the UGREEN seen here on Amazon for 8.99
Get the same one direct from the UGREEN Aliexpress store for £2.14 including delivery here for the Blue version
most of the phones have buttons in the middle of the frame these days so phone holders tend to press on them unless you hang it somewhere on the side (which can be wobbly)

I myself have similar to this combo

amazon.co.uk/Ail…3RM
Stick that on the dashboard somewhere (in my case on a radio that I dont use)

amazon.co.uk/Spi…ase
This case

amazon.co.uk/Rep…der
these metal plates that fit exactly inside of the case

my phone never fell off takes literally seconds to hang it and only one hand
Edited by: "mattsk" 2nd May
Switch it off and put it in your pocket... That's the best place for a phone in a car.
mrty15 m ago

Switch it off and put it in your pocket... That's the best place for a …Switch it off and put it in your pocket... That's the best place for a phone in a car.

yes true, but i need it for satnav.
kaaaching31 m ago

yes true, but i need it for satnav.

OK. I use a tablet for sat nav. Easier to see and no temptation to 'quickly answer that call'. Some great free apps for sat nav too.
mrty34 m ago

OK. I use a tablet for sat nav. Easier to see and no temptation to …OK. I use a tablet for sat nav. Easier to see and no temptation to 'quickly answer that call'. Some great free apps for sat nav too.

What holder do you use for a table ?
mrty1 h, 54 m ago

Switch it off and put it in your pocket... That's the best place for a …Switch it off and put it in your pocket... That's the best place for a phone in a car.

What if you got attacked and needed to make an emergency call or were in an accident. 30 seconds could save someone’s life and that’s how long it takes to turn some phones on. Yes it can be in you’re pocket but atleast leave it switched on. Obviously it’s safe to have it out of sight and out of mind but it’s also good to be able to respond quickly to the emergency services if needed.
Robjet1 h, 16 m ago

I have this Tablet holder which was a bit loose and dropped if I hit a bump, but quickly resolved by putting a rubber washer (tap washer) in the joint. Now it's a solid as a rock.
I've given up on holders so use this now. Keeps phone cool with cold air in summer and turn off that vent in winter.
Edited by: "wayners" 2nd May
Robjet2 h, 17 m ago

As for Satnav, I've found this is the best. Mapfactor Navigator. You can use it on your phone and it works offline too.
jayonline851 h, 58 m ago

What if you got attacked and needed to make an emergency call or were in …What if you got attacked and needed to make an emergency call or were in an accident. 30 seconds could save someone’s life and that’s how long it takes to turn some phones on. Yes it can be in you’re pocket but atleast leave it switched on. Obviously it’s safe to have it out of sight and out of mind but it’s also good to be able to respond quickly to the emergency services if needed.

Wow, I bet you're a fun person to have at a party! Op didn't say anything about satnav in his original statement, merely that he wanted it for his phone. I drive a coach for a living, I've seen some horrendous accidents and near misses because of people texting ( we get a great view from so high up) so forgive me for being a bit over zealous.
My phone is off for several reasons.
1. If my phone rings, whether I answer it or not it will stop ringing and people will assume that I have answered while I am driving.
2. If I get caught using a phone whilst driving I can, as a pcv driver, be fined £5000.
3. Even using a Bluetooth headset I find phones a distraction and won't take the risk.
Edited by: "mrty" 2nd May
You can use a phone without a sim as a sat nav for those that worry they maybe tempted to fiddle. I have a spare phone for that purpose. They are crazy dangerous though. I myself find it hard not to just look to see if notification light is flashing. I often put phone in the back inside work bag out the way. Best way..
Edited by: "wayners" 2nd May
I prefer the type that attach via the CD slot. Something like this.
Amazon search code: B016M349W8
33735262-uDKzo.jpgYou can at least point the phone in your direction.
Link for the above cd slot mount. £3.10 Here from amazon or another slightly different Here on ebay
Edited by: "wayners" 3rd May
Wife!

Keeps her occupied and avoids conversation!
Brodit Holder for the phone and a ProClip designed for your car. Proclip is a Screwless mount that clips into the dashboard joints in your car. Solid, brilliant quality and you'll never look at other brand car mounts again. Then the phone holder just screws onto the mount.

DSLDevelopments.com or Drivesafeandlegal.co.uk sell the phone holder and Proclip mounts.

Expensive but easily the best there is. Why spend hundreds of £'s on a phone and then use a cheap and nasty holder in the car risking it flying around the car when you are driving.
Edited by: "Uridium" 3rd May
Don’t get Anker 360 swivel mount of amazon or any where I usually swear by Anker products I have lots of there tech but waist of time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions