Groups

Best mobile phone - other than iPhone or Blackberry?

My Orange mobile contract is up for renewal in Jan 2010.

I'm trying to work out what handset to get - I don't mind jumping ship to another network provider.

I don't want a Blackberry or an iPhone.

What phone would any of the fine members of HUKD recommend?

20 Comments

Some smart looking Android handsets around at the mo, with more on the way soon. SE X10, Motorola Droid, etc.

Look at some of the New HTC phones they are pretty sweet especially the HD2 thats like the iPhone on Steroids

Celticsun;7021112

Look at some of the New HTC phones they are pretty sweet especially the … Look at some of the New HTC phones they are pretty sweet especially the HD2 thats like the iPhone on Steroids

Apart from the fact it runs Windows Mobile, easily the worst mobile OS on the face of the Earth! Even with HTC's tweaks for added prettyness :thumbsup:

HTC Hero!!

HTC Hero

Banned

mattbisme;7021203

HTC Hero!!

Spriggan;7021284

HTC Hero

Good call - I have one of these and was very impressed.

Now I use a HTC HD2 and prefer the bigger screen and better multi-tasking.

Banned

megalomaniac;7021147

Apart from the fact it runs Windows Mobile, easily the worst mobile OS on … Apart from the fact it runs Windows Mobile, easily the worst mobile OS on the face of the Earth! Even with HTC's tweaks for added prettyness :thumbsup:

How long have you used it for, or are you just going off the reviews?

HTC Hero :thumbsup:

Pretty open question, depends what features you'll make full use of really.

nokia 5800 is a good music phone and does lots of other stuff or the satio if u want a good cam 12 megapixels personally i prefer the 5800 and will be getting this in dec for my upgrade

Banned

karinaj;7021753

nokia 5800 is a good music phone and does lots of other stuff or the … nokia 5800 is a good music phone and does lots of other stuff or the satio if u want a good cam 12 megapixels personally i prefer the 5800 and will be getting this in dec for my upgrade

The 5800 is a horrible, cheap phone.

FilthAndFurry;7021376

How long have you used it for, or are you just going off the reviews?

I have a WinMo phone, just not a HD2, and it is painfully bad. My favorite review quote for the HD2 is: "The experience was a quick and painful reminder that no matter how pretty the window dressing is here, HTC has staged its fashion show in a building that should be scheduled for demolition." :thumbsup:

I have an Iphone and the build quality sucks, back of the case split after 16 months of use now. Going to go the hero way.

Banned

megalomaniac;7021881

I have a WinMo phone, just not a HD2, and it is painfully bad. My … I have a WinMo phone, just not a HD2, and it is painfully bad. My favorite review quote for the HD2 is: "The experience was a quick and painful reminder that no matter how pretty the window dressing is here, HTC has staged its fashion show in a building that should be scheduled for demolition." :thumbsup:

That's the engadget review isn't it?

This is my first Winmo phone and I've got to say it's not as bad as I was expecting. In fact, its quite good.

The multitasking and interface simply blows the iPhone away and I actually think Opera isn't far short of Safari.

I think it's probably the best compromise between the iphone and the Hero. The size of it is either a bonus or a massive stumbling block, depending on your perspective.

Banned

Adam2050;7021902

I have an Iphone and the build quality sucks, back of the case split … I have an Iphone and the build quality sucks, back of the case split after 16 months of use now. Going to go the hero way.

I'd wait to be honest. There's a new Sony google phone coming out in the new year and another HTC which is similar to the HD2 but with Android.

The Hero isn't that cheap sim-free and contract wise, you'll be stuck for 18 months with the same phone.

I'd honestly wait until next year.

FilthAndFurry;7022087

I'd wait to be honest. There's a new Sony google phone coming out in the … I'd wait to be honest. There's a new Sony google phone coming out in the new year and another HTC which is similar to the HD2 but with Android.The Hero isn't that cheap sim-free and contract wise, you'll be stuck for 18 months with the same phone.I'd honestly wait until next year.

I'll second that.

megalomaniac;7021147

Apart from the fact it runs Windows Mobile, easily the worst mobile OS on … Apart from the fact it runs Windows Mobile, easily the worst mobile OS on the face of the Earth! Even with HTC's tweaks for added prettyness :thumbsup:

I agree all winmo phones I have used previously are Painful, But I have to admit the HD2 is pretty sweet.

No mobile I have ever used has been crash free and some models vary from network to network take the new Sony Satio thingy, I think only orange have had any success with it.

its easy to read a review and slander the product on a general opinion.

Another vote for the HTC hero here. Girlfriend recently got one and it is very nice to use. Good looking handset too

Original Poster

thank you for all the constructive comments, much appreciated.

the htc hero seems the one, though i may play the wait and see game, as some of you have suggested.

Hero, or G2 as it's called on T-mobile.

So many features...so little time!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
      3. Spotify Family Premium share59
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221

See more discussions