Best mobile under £200?

Found 25th Nov 2017
Any suggestions would be appreciated as it's for a Christmas present for 21 year old son. Have been looking at huawei lite 10 and moto g 5, but aware there's samsung and sony and don't really know what to look for. Any help much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Lenovo p2, 5.5 amoled display, excellent battery life, dual SIM, NFC, line speaker. It's the best phone for the money, see specs and reviews here amazon.co.uk/Len…XXT
Ive got a P2 and it would be hard to beat , but as its over your budget , I'd say the Hauwei P10lite is a nice phone , just bought one for my son and he hasn't had any complaints ( other than overnight battery drain initially which was fixed by turning Nfc off ).
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 26th Nov 2017
The best choice depends on what is important for him. Something like the P2 is bulky , heavy, has a lousy front facing camera and isn't particularly powerful or bright compared with the competition at the price.

Personally I'd go for something like the Sony XA1, but that may be entirely the wrong choice for him too.
redmi note 4 or the 4x and buy him something else with the remaining money

as said the mi a1 is another option but if you want one for Christmas and want to get it cheaper than over here, you'll have to order from China and quickly otherwise it'll arrive in 2018
Original Poster
EndlessWaves40 m ago

The best choice depends on what is important for him. Something like the …The best choice depends on what is important for him. Something like the P2 is bulky , heavy, has a lousy front facing camera and isn't particularly powerful or bright compared with the competition at the price.Personally I'd go for something like the Sony XA1, but that may be entirely the wrong choice for him too.

Thanks, he seems to like smaller light weight phones. Just wants something functional that doesn't keep crashing when he uses different apps. Currently has a moto g phone with 1gb ram, so anythings going to be an improvement. Want to get it from UK, preferably from Amazon as they have good customer service and he can return it if he doesn't want it!
pooool5 h, 44 m ago

Xiaomi Mi A1: …Xiaomi Mi A1: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pre-sale-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-4GB-64GB-5-5-1080P-Snapdragon-625-Octa/32829576972.html?src=google&albslr=200578155&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&source={ifdyn:dyn}{ifpla:pla}{ifdbm:DBM&albch=DID}&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&albcp=658432961&albag=33762888219&slnk=&trgt=81727089745&plac=&crea=en32829576972&netw=g&device=c&mtctp=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwdSNn5fc1wIVbb7tCh0cmQNbEAQYBSABEgJfm_D_BwE

+1 For the Xiaomi MI A, I bought one for my Mum and see loves it, she's a lightish user and see gets 1 and a half to 2 days usage from a charge and as it's a Android One device it will be updated to Oreo before the end of the year and it will get Android P as well according Xiaomi. Can't fault build quality and specs for the money and it's coming down in price every day.
shropshirelass512 h, 34 m ago

Thanks, he seems to like smaller light weight phones. Just wants something …Thanks, he seems to like smaller light weight phones. Just wants something functional that doesn't keep crashing when he uses different apps. Currently has a moto g phone with 1gb ram, so anythings going to be an improvement. Want to get it from UK, preferably from Amazon as they have good customer service and he can return it if he doesn't want it!

The XA1 may be worth a look then. 67mm wide and under 150g, with triple the memory of his current phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants