Best Modem Router around £150?

Posted 30th Jul
Can anyone recommend a good modem router for around £150? The main priority being speed over WiFi. I'm not looking for a mesh system.

I've seen the Asus 86U, but apparently it's good for range over WiFi, but not speed? Is this true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Honor Router 3 perhaps? Just a random suggestion, I know it's pretty new.
You will have difficulty going wrong with the Asus. By 'modem router' I assume you mean a WiFi router that connects to an existing router. That's how I use my Asus router.
Not sure about the Asus 86U, as i have never used it. But a question that i would ask, is how big is your home and how many walls/floors does the modem router have to send the signal for your specific WiFi device, as these will be factors, not only in range but speed.

I am using the tp-link AC2800 MIMO (Multi In and Multi Out) and seems to cover the house very well even with 5ghz (you can adjust the power of the signal if you want, but i just stuck it on full power as there are a number of devices and they have to go through multiple walls or floor and walls) and get the full available fiber speed of 70mbs down and 20mbs up and an average 12ms ping, over WiFi. Not sure how much they are now, but it might be worth a look.
Edited by: "cannrobe" 31st Jul
harrythefish31/07/2020 19:47

You will have difficulty going wrong with the Asus. By 'modem router' I …You will have difficulty going wrong with the Asus. By 'modem router' I assume you mean a WiFi router that connects to an existing router. That's how I use my Asus router.

Modem routers usually have both Modem and Wired and WiFi routers built in, so this will be to replace the existing modem router i would guess.
So I've narrowed it down to the VR2100 and the 68u, which one should I go for?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants