Best money saving app

Posted 1st Feb
I have seen a few apps which work by saving money from your transactions by rounding the amount up to the nearest £. I am just wondering from people who use these which is the best do people feel? Are there any with a signup incentive? Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Setup a direct debit with a good saving account e.g. post office with £(average no of transaction in a * 0.5).

You get better interest and will need not to share your personal habits with any third party.
Have a look at getchip, it works out how much you can save...
I use Plum. Few people have had issues withdrawing the money but i’ve personally received the money straight away. You can choose to invest money and save at the same time, just set the % for each
paddymcn01/02/2020 18:34

Have a look at getchip, it works out how much you can save...

I use Chip too, get someone to refer you and I think you get a bonus. Otherwise it’s hit and miss at what they’re offering. It depends if you’re after saving without thinking, or a bit of thinking but some interest.
anthonyjames9002/02/2020 10:41

I use Chip too, get someone to refer you and I think you get a bonus. …I use Chip too, get someone to refer you and I think you get a bonus. Otherwise it’s hit and miss at what they’re offering. It depends if you’re after saving without thinking, or a bit of thinking but some interest.

Could you not save using this then transfer to a higher interest savings account?
justonemore02/02/2020 15:43

Could you not save using this then transfer to a higher interest savings …Could you not save using this then transfer to a higher interest savings account?

Absolutely you can, just not so ‘set and forget’ if you do that. But definitely a good plan!
anthonyjames9002/02/2020 16:27

Absolutely you can, just not so ‘set and forget’ if you do that. But def …Absolutely you can, just not so ‘set and forget’ if you do that. But definitely a good plan!

What is set and forget please? How does it work?
justonemore02/02/2020 16:28

What is set and forget please? How does it work?

With something like Chip or Plum, the idea is that you don’t have to think about it, you can just set it up and forget about it. It’ll analyse your spending habits and then make small saves for you. The theory is that after 3-6 months you could have a reasonable pot of money that you might not have otherwise had.

If you start transferring it to another account, although you’d get higher interest probably, you have to monitor it, transfer it etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants