Best monitor for around £100 advice/help please?

Posted 9th Feb
Hi, my old samsung 2333HD DTV monitor has just suddenly stopped working, won't switch on at all so i guess i need a new monitor!
I wasn't really using the samsung for TV, just purely as a monitor. It's 23 inch and i wouldn't want to go below that and the monitor needs to have a VGA port (PC is fairly old and doesnt have a HDMI port and putting a card in woudl requite changing the power supply)

I haven't bought a monitor in ages so can anybody recommend/advise me what to get please? I don't game, so its purely for work/surfing/youtube etc
I want it to be fairly decent in case one day the old PC stops working, and i need to buy a new base unit.

I was looking at this one:
cclonline.com/pro…lRQ

Is it any good? Or would people recommend something else?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
It's ips and 24 inch, and looks sleek
lumsdot09/02/2020 22:08

It's ips and 24 inch, and looks sleek

Cheers mate, thanks for posting that. I'm thinking about buying that one now..

I have a question, does the TV that i was using, display web pages differently to a proper monitor?

The reason i ask is because i have another PC (which im typing on now) which uses DELL monitors and the webpage display on chrome for websites isnt as nice as the TV

It's making me wonder if i should just buy another TV for my older PC?
timj1310/02/2020 19:08

Cheers mate, thanks for posting that. I'm thinking about buying that one …Cheers mate, thanks for posting that. I'm thinking about buying that one now..I have a question, does the TV that i was using, display web pages differently to a proper monitor?The reason i ask is because i have another PC (which im typing on now) which uses DELL monitors and the webpage display on chrome for websites isnt as nice as the TVIt's making me wonder if i should just buy another TV for my older PC?

a pc monitor should give a crisper image than a tv for reading text, the one i listed is 1080 lines, i.e. full hd.

a tv would work but might not be so easy on the eye whenreading small text
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants