best monthly saver

Found 6th Mar 2017
Hi. Was just thinking about setting up a monthly saver/ regular saver. Which bank would you recommend. Which bank would give me the best interest? Thanks in advance. Currently i am with lloyds bank. The year is over. Would like to set up another monthly saver, but will shop around before i do anything. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Monthly saver. I save £35 a month and every 3 months I buy £100+ of shares using... Halifax share builder.... £2 TO DEAL. Been doing it for a while. Atom bank is giving 2% on savings at the moment but that not worth considering unless you have stash.
Tsb are doing a good one atm where you get 5% AER on anything upto £1500, earn £5 on having direct debits and earn another £5 if you make 20 card uses in that month.
Santanders 123 is still pretty good for getting 1.5% back on monthly statements upto 20k and earning back from any direct debits you have.
Nationwide do a linked savings account, 5% for a year. Max £500 a month.
Santander 123 account charges £5 per month. You have to pay in a minimum of £500 and have at least 2 active direct debits. You need to calculate whether the interest and money back on some household bills will outweigh the monthly fee.
If you do not need instant access then I would recommend going for an ISA rather than a monthly saver, you will get a lot better returns.
First Direct Bank regular saver account 6 %
sirram

Hasn't been that for a year. It's 5%, max £300 a month.
Edited by: "windym" 6th Mar 2017
sirram

New to first direct

Sorry - our Regular Saver Account is only available to first direct Current Account customers (you're more than welcome to join us...)
Original Poster
Bigfootpete

If you do not need instant access then I would recommend going for an ISA … If you do not need instant access then I would recommend going for an ISA rather than a monthly saver, you will get a lot better returns.

Do you know which bank is doing the best isa rate at present. I do not need instant access at all. Could put the money away for two years.
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Will look into it.
FIRST DIRECT has been in the top three for a number of years
windym

Hasn't been that for a year. It's 5%, max £300 a month.

​under a year i think you will find
Santander Regular E-Saver: £200 per month for 12 months, 3% interest. They open it in branch (cant do it online) and set up the standing order for 12 months so the account looks after itself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants