Best motorcycle insurer w/ non-fault 'claims'

Found 14th Jun
Hey

In 2017 someone drove into the side of me in a car park. I reported it at the time and thus it has stayed on my record. Eventually the guy just paid me in cash.

Anyway, it didn't bother me too much as I went with hastings and my insurance didn't go up at all - but I just got a full bike license and now I'm looking for a bigger bike and I am struggling to get quotes below £1000. If I take off the accident then it can drop to around £650.

Wondering if anyone knows insurers that overlook non-fault accidents that aren't on the common price comparison sites?

If I wait until november I will get another year added onto my no claims but that doesn't seem to be helping the price any.
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
14 Comments
If you call the insurer that you were with, they can remove the non-fault claim from the CUE database if there have been no moneys paid out.
The record is only there because they had been informed.
When you call, they will probably tell you it can't be removed as it's not something that happens regular however they are required to do this.

Good luck
CaptainVolvo2 m ago

If you call the insurer that you were with, they can remove the non-fault …If you call the insurer that you were with, they can remove the non-fault claim from the CUE database if there have been no moneys paid out.The record is only there because they had been informed.When you call, they will probably tell you it can't be removed as it's not something that happens regular however they are required to do this.Good luck

thanks I will give this a go, though I have been with 2 insurers since this - would I have to phone both or just the most recent?
You will need to call the insurance company you were with at the time of the non-fault claim as they will be the people who logged this on the database and have authority to remove it.
The CUE database is central so as soon as they have made the change and removed it, any new insurance companies that search for claims won't find it.
ok thank you for the help
they said they cant remove it because the other party reported it aswell, but it's down as non fault bonus allowed "so it shouldn't affect premiums" but that parts a lie at least they gave me the direct number to the policy underwriter and they said the same thing

turns out it was in 2016 not 2017 though so maybe that will help somehow
When you're getting a quote, try ringing rather than doing it online and explain that it was "non-fault and full recovery was made from the other party." - that's the magic phrase that worked for me with my car insurance.
Give BeMoto a try. Call them directly and explain the circumstances. They got me a price down from over a grand to 220 on a non-standard bike.
bemoto.uk/
airbus3301 h, 2 m ago

Give BeMoto a try. Call them directly and explain the circumstances. They …Give BeMoto a try. Call them directly and explain the circumstances. They got me a price down from over a grand to 220 on a non-standard bike.https://www.bemoto.uk/

thanks will do, also just came across motorcycledirect and they are quoting £607 fully comp which is the best so far, even beats all the comparison sites when I left the claim off so I'm pretty happy with that

just got to find a bike
mas992 h, 54 m ago

When you're getting a quote, try ringing rather than doing it online and …When you're getting a quote, try ringing rather than doing it online and explain that it was "non-fault and full recovery was made from the other party." - that's the magic phrase that worked for me with my car insurance.

that implies a claim was made and moneys paid out = worse
adamspencer952 h, 2 m ago

that implies a claim was made and moneys paid out = worse

No it doesn't.

It says that there was an incident (which they know from the db) but no blame was attached to the OP and all costs were paid by the other party.

It is the exact words that my insurer used when I discussed my renewal. Someone hit my parked car causing £2400 damage. Their insurer paid out in full. This had no impact on my insurance cost ( the renewal notice came through while the other guy was trying to decide if he would pay himself or go through insurance - took a week to get quotes etc) so I know that the cost didn't go up.
mas9944 m ago

No it doesn't.It says that there was an incident (which they know from the …No it doesn't.It says that there was an incident (which they know from the db) but no blame was attached to the OP and all costs were paid by the other party.It is the exact words that my insurer used when I discussed my renewal. Someone hit my parked car causing £2400 damage. Their insurer paid out in full. This had no impact on my insurance cost ( the renewal notice came through while the other guy was trying to decide if he would pay himself or go through insurance - took a week to get quotes etc) so I know that the cost didn't go up.

thats a non-fault claim, completely different to an incident

non-fault claims do impact premiums in general as an insurance company is out of pocket

incident with no claim then sure
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 14th Jun
I'm afraid adamspencer95 is right. I got very lightly rear-ended on the M6 last year. No claim by either party as no damage, but informed my insurer, as required, of the incident. Has impacted my policies by about 5% increase on car and bike. Very @@@@@@ annoying.
Bizarrely my insurance is cheaper adding a non fault claim ( All expenses and excesses recovered ) than without adding a non fault claim!

£408 declared. £414 without!.
If anyone comes across this looking for info then I also found the following

-14999 miles seems to be a cut off for the miles bracket 14999 and below for me was over £200 cheaper than 15000 or above
-alphadot theft device thing (£20 on ebay) takes it down by more than £90 (could vary depending on bike value I suppose)
-oxford branded disc lock (£30) takes it down another £30 (so pays for itself) (could vary depending on bike value I suppose)

right now I am down to £403 from a starting quote of £1100
Edited by: "murtgurge" 16th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants