Best MP3 player around £100-£150?

Found 13th Feb
Hi,

I was looking at the Sony NW-A35 but this has been discontinued.

This looks good amazon.co.uk/dp/…c=0 but would appreciate any input as I know what Amazon can be like with reviews.

As long as I can sort by folders I'm not too fussy. Cheers.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
Are these even still a thing. Do you really need a separate MP3 player, does your phone not give you the ability to add music?
Original Poster
AirbusA38045 m ago

Are these even still a thing. Do you really need a separate MP3 player, …Are these even still a thing. Do you really need a separate MP3 player, does your phone not give you the ability to add music?

Seeing as I actually like my phone battery to last the day, yes. Seeing as I would rather drop and damage a £130 device than a £670 one because I'm fiddling with it and taking it out of my pocket all the time, yes. Seeing as I would rather lose a £130 device than a £670 one if some cretin snatches it out of my hands, yes.
Personally wouldn't spend that much. I spent about £45 on one a couple years back because I wanted large storage and it was a very highly recommended mp3 (it was also reduced from £130) and all it ever did was crash then play the next song all distorted! What a bag of sheet.

Went back to my old Phillips one which I paid about £25 from Argos, works a treat.
I've found Phillips to be the best tbh, over the years I've always gone back to them, one of my first proper LCD screen MP3 players was Phillips and I absolutely loved it, but broke the charging cable and RIP.. was not easy to pick one up back then like it is now!

But now I use my phone... the battery life on the S8 is very kind.. I use it in work sometimes up to 3/4 hours and still come away with 65%* battery, so not that bad..
Juzza1250 m ago

Seeing as I actually like my phone battery to last the day, yes. Seeing as …Seeing as I actually like my phone battery to last the day, yes. Seeing as I would rather drop and damage a £130 device than a £670 one because I'm fiddling with it and taking it out of my pocket all the time, yes. Seeing as I would rather lose a £130 device than a £670 one if some cretin snatches it out of my hands, yes.

Get a decent phone then and stop being so clumsy and dropping your devices or losing them! You must live in a rough area if you have to be worried about having your stuff snatched that’s all I can say!
Try a Zune if they still exist. Mate had one that was hard to break.
Take a look at the SanDisk Sansa range.

1700 reviews on Amazon with a 4 star average rating.

They are great little players.

I have had several over the years.

They take a micro sd card to add extra storage.

They are really small units.

Why pay for and risk losing a £100 to £150 mp3 player when you can get a great little one for £25!
Original Poster
AirbusA38022 h, 49 m ago

Get a decent phone then and stop being so clumsy and dropping your devices …Get a decent phone then and stop being so clumsy and dropping your devices or losing them! You must live in a rough area if you have to be worried about having your stuff snatched that’s all I can say!

A Samsung Galaxy S8 is not a decent phone? Lol, I live on a private estate with 24 hour security, but I'm often in a busy city centre because I actually leave the house.
Original Poster
hottoast20 h, 0 m ago

Take a look at the SanDisk Sansa range.1700 reviews on Amazon with a 4 …Take a look at the SanDisk Sansa range.1700 reviews on Amazon with a 4 star average rating. They are great little players.I have had several over the years.They take a micro sd card to add extra storage.They are really small units.Why pay for and risk losing a £100 to £150 mp3 player when you can get a great little one for £25!

I have the Sansa Clip+ now. It's my second one but the battery is very poor compared to the first so I've been put off buying another.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants