Best mp3 to wav file converter

Posted 15th Oct
as the title suggests, I need to convert lots of mp3s to CD playable files, anyone know of any good and easy programs, thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Cd writing software dose that as it burns. You select write audio CD. Select mp3s. Hit burn..

If you select burn data cd they stay as mp3.. You don't want that so select create audio CD
If you have mp3s then why not just burn them to a cd using either WMP or iTunes? If instead you mean how do you turn a WAV in to a playable disc then you can still use either WMP or iTunes to burn them, but you can't turn an MP3 in to a WAV.
Oh OK.sounds easier than I thought
With reference to converting, do you mean you wish to 'burn' a CD to play in a player? If so, most burner software would do this on-the-fly. I use "Ashampoo Burning Studio" for example, which converts the MP3 files to CD compatible tracks.

Other software to do this 'externally' would be Audacity which can export tracks to WAV or AIFF.
Winff
chris_allen15/10/2019 21:13

Oh OK.sounds easier than I thought

I don't think there are many devices these days that won't play mp3 files from cd. Is there a reason you want to convert them? You can fit so much more on the CD if you leave them as mp3.
By the way it's also worth noting that many cd players (but not all) can play MP3 cds, you wouldn't have to convert them, just burn that files or folders to a cd as a data disc. However this applies only to MP3 and not things like FLAC. What format are your files in (because you've mentioned both MP3 and WAV) and what are you actually wanting to do with them?
deeky15/10/2019 21:18

I don't think there are many devices these days that won't play mp3 files …I don't think there are many devices these days that won't play mp3 files from cd. Is there a reason you want to convert them? You can fit so much more on the CD if you leave them as mp3.

The father in laws in car entertainment in his jag won't lol
Ever considered one of these
amazon.co.uk/Vic…8-4
I think you can get some that link to the phone via bluetooth, giving you hands free calling (presumably pausing the music during the call)
I use audacity
The Audio CD format dates from the 80s and doesn't use files in the sense we know them today, although many computers will represent the tracks as files to make them easier to manipulate.

The data is stored in a way that's similar to wav files, but as others have said most CD burning software will accept any common audio format when creating an Audio CD, not just wav.
Here is a guide showing how to do it with a few different programs - wikihow.com/Bur…-CD
chris_allen15/10/2019 21:26

If it's an older XJ8 you can use an Alpine AUX in adaptor on the CD changer lead/bus with the original Jaaaag system, chuck an old iPod in the arm rest.
chris_allen15/10/2019 21:26

If it's a newer Jag I'm almost sure they will play via the USB connector with the mp3's on a memory stick rather than trying via CD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants