Expired

best netbook for teenage son xmas

8 replies
Found 9th Oct 2008
confused over what netbook to get son he uses pc for homework and gamebattles you tube,what one is best and where is good deal at mo.

vicki

7 Comments

Get a laptop - they're cheap and more powerful if he wants to play games...

That said, the greatest game of all time (Starcraft) will run on an EeePC

Original Poster

hi
he dosent play games on pc just xbox live,gamebattles is forum site linked to it,if laptop how do they compare in price dont want to get a netbook and it dosent do what he needs it to.

vicki

You can't got wrong with an eee pc 901, with WinXP on it. It'll set you back £280 with discounts.

If you want to go a bit lower then for about £180-£220 you can get an Acer Aspire One.

Lower than that again and you could consider an eee pc 701.

Original Poster

thanks for reply ,where can i get the cheapest laptop or netbook at the moment?Will netbooks allow him to connect to the printer for his coursework ect?

sorry for qestions but i really havent got a clue about all this and the guy in comet didnt seem to know much more than me.

vicki

smudge1;3155534

thanks for reply ,where can i get the cheapest laptop or netbook at the … thanks for reply ,where can i get the cheapest laptop or netbook at the moment?Will netbooks allow him to connect to the printer for his coursework ect?sorry for qestions but i really havent got a clue about all this and the guy in comet didnt seem to know much more than me.vicki

No problem.

The eeepc901 will connect to any printer. The 701 not so much.

If you just want a super-cheap laptop you can get this for £250 + delivery - quidco cashback.

bargaincrazy.com/epa…01D

It's pretty basic, but it's very cheap. If you can spring another £50 then you can get a basic Dell which'll be alot better.

But remember, these cheaper 14/15" laptops will be pretty heavy (the R200 is 2.4Kg!) whilst the 901 is around 40% of this. The 901 also has 4-6 hours of battery life, whilst lower-end PCs will be pushing 2-3.

It all depends on how you think he'll be using it. For true portability you can't go wrong with the 901.

garbage456;3155457

get a cheap laptop as some of the netbook wont work on some sites, … get a cheap laptop as some of the netbook wont work on some sites, usually either iplayer (bbc), you tube, flash sites, java sites, etc.

My eee 701 works with all of those flawlessly and it's the cheapest netbook so apart from the non-X86 junk (like the maplin's minibook) I can't see many of them not being able to.

smudge1;3155534

thanks for reply ,where can i get the cheapest laptop or netbook at the … thanks for reply ,where can i get the cheapest laptop or netbook at the moment?Will netbooks allow him to connect to the printer for his coursework ect?sorry for qestions but i really havent got a clue about all this and the guy in comet didnt seem to know much more than me.vicki

They're just small laptops, there's very little you can plug-in that won't work. Especially if you're going for the windows version.

Printers are fine, it took me about thirty seconds to set up my eee to print from my HP C7280 printer wirelessly.

Original Poster

hi
thanks for reply,do you know the cheapest place at mo that has the eeepc

thabks in advance

vicki x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    2. Add one, leave one game54415416
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868

See more discussions