Best new laptop for between £200-£250?

Found 6th Mar 2016
I'm looking for a laptop for my girlfriend and she's willing to spend between £200 and £250. I'd prefer an Intel i3 or above processor, and at least 4gb RAM, a 15" screen and for it to be new, not a refurb as we've already had problems with that!
She won't be doing anything too demanding - internet shopping, quite a bit of basic photo editing, streaming video and playing hearthstone is about it really, but she wants something fast and relatively sturdy and long-lasting, so maybe a low-end business class laptop?
Thanks in advance!

5 Comments

What have you picked out so far? You seem comfortable enough with the specs so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. Although I would say that £250 for a new i3 with 4GB of RAM will be a small budget so your options will be limited.

not ignoring what you said about not wanting refurb, but just happened to be looking at dells outlet earlier).

I5 for £257 (£214 +vat). I3s for less.

free shipping atm. and think students can get 10% off.

if no stock keep checking. fairly healthy replenishment atm.

Inspiron 15 - 3542
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U (DualCore,3M,1.7GHz, )
Windows® 8.1
Memory : 4 GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3
500 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
8X DVD+/- RW Drive
No Productivity Software Application
Dell Wireless-N 1705 + Bluetooth 4.0
LCD Back Cover - Black (Non-Touch Screen)
Battery: Primary 4-cell 40W/HR
15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
Internal English Keyboard

Have a look here. clicky link.

Original Poster

So far I've bought an argos refurb toshiba with i3 for £210 - was supposed to be a "managers special" but when it arrived the WiFi was ****, and the touchpad was faulty, so going to be printing return label and sending it back tomorrow unless I can get Toshiba to repair it under their guarantee (argos won't). So yeah, I was looking for something pretty much the same! Gutted I missed out on the tesco £150 one about a month back though - was just about to order when it hit midnight and the price doubled!

recommended this to someone already and ordered one myself today, cpu is better than an i3 as it has 4 real cores

shop.bt.com/pro…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants