Expired

Best non-alcoholic beer

Found 21st Dec 2011
never tried any of them before, so looking for advice.
Becks Blue seems to be the cheapest, but don't want to go with it if it tastes like mank.

29 Comments

Pretty much all taste naff

Check this out
Edited by: "simplex" 21st Dec 2011

Becks blue tastes ok actually, one of the best i've tried.
Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 22nd Dec 2011

never seen the point of them just drink soft drinks. yet to come across anything that is half decent.

Koppaberg 0% is ok...

tap water very non alcohol

all beer tastes like dirty dish water, we drink it to get drunk. What is the point of non alcoholic, I mean why would you?

juiceblaster

all beer tastes like dirty dish water, we drink it to get drunk. What is … all beer tastes like dirty dish water, we drink it to get drunk. What is the point of non alcoholic, I mean why would you?

u r clearly drinking the wrong beer then

It all tastes like p*ss

If you are a regular drinker op i wouldn't touch it and stick to juice because of the taste. It's like a meat eater eating Quorn you can tell the difference.

Erdingher Weisbrau http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/images/erdinger.jpg

Banned

Toecutter

Erdingher Weisbrau

Come now, you know the louts on here aren't refined enough to even know what this is!!!

All non-alcoholic beers give me a killer headache the next day, (without the fun of being merry) probably due to the chemicals they use to extract the alcohol.
Leave the car at home and have a proper beer.

Becks Blue is rank!! I went for the non-alchie Koppenberg that I found in ASDA last time I was on the soft stuff - that was really nice!

Cobra Zero is a very pleasant drink. Don't rate becks blue myself....always tastes very bitter!

I've tried a fair few of them... Becks blue is very similiar in taste to normal becks, Cobra isn't one of my favourites, Bavaria is quite nice (but is more of a beer than a lager) and there's also a wheat beer option in the 0% range...

0% koppaberg is just going to be pop isn't it?

lol..I think Cobra Zero is proper rank.

greg_68

lol..I think Cobra Zero is proper rank.

It's down to individual taste unfortuantely... on the plus side they're cheap enough for you to try them all!

I can't find another living soul that prefers Carlsbery to other draft lagers... just me!

Banned

Is OP honestly 'straight edge'??

There's no point in alcoholic beer. It's like smoking those fake cigarettes or drinking caffeine-free coffee.

FilthAndFurry

Is OP honestly 'straight edge'??There's no point in alcoholic beer. It's … Is OP honestly 'straight edge'??There's no point in alcoholic beer. It's like smoking those fake cigarettes or drinking caffeine-free coffee.

Now now, don't P on the party. It's all good with a splash of Voddie in it!

FilthAndFurry

Is OP honestly 'straight edge'??There's no point in alcoholic beer. It's … Is OP honestly 'straight edge'??There's no point in alcoholic beer. It's like smoking those fake cigarettes or drinking caffeine-free coffee.

People like the taste of things.

FilthAndFurry

Not if you like the taste of beer but prefer not to feel like a bag of spanners the next day... Thyat's pretty much like saying there's point in fat free or low sugar...

Bitburger (German) not bad.
Bavaria (Love this stuff, very smooth and doesn't taste flat). But Stella is the best, but I don't drink anymore!

Russian standard vodka. It looks like water so it's ok

I tried Cobra and found it quite nasty. I like malt and used to eat malt extract by the jar, but the malty taste of Cobra seems really sickly.
Beck's Blue tastes almost acceptable, but really "thin". I'd almost convinced myself that It was OK, but the 2 times I've drunk it, I had a headache the next day - and I never get headaches normally, even when I'm hungover.

Banned

2 Weeks without a drink for me So I have tried a few lately Becks Blue and Bavaria do a good one but also do a bad one and theres one I cant remember the name of but on label there's a cartoon beer maid woman on it something like that anyway think it begins with R.

how come they're allowed to advertise as "alcohol free" when they contain 0.5% ? surely it should be "low alcohol"

take this one for example...Sagres Zero Alcohol-Free Beer (0.5%)

my definition of zero is...errrm...zero, not 0.5

Banned

DarkEnergy2012

how come they're allowed to advertise as "alcohol free" when they contain … how come they're allowed to advertise as "alcohol free" when they contain 0.5% ? surely it should be "low alcohol"take this one for example...Sagres Zero Alcohol-Free Beer (0.5%) my definition of zero is...errrm...zero, not 0.5

Was just thinking the same, surely its false advertising and could be a problem for some.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions