Best non-Apple smart watch / fitness tracker? Looking at the Garmin Vivoactive 4.

Posted 5th Oct
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
My boss at work recommended garmin
Garmin fenix 5
sddyy05/10/2019 12:06

My boss at work recommended garmin

Thanks. The Vivoactive does look great, top features too. Has your boss owned a Garmin?
Josh9205/10/2019 12:24

Thanks. The Vivoactive does look great, top features too. Has your boss …Thanks. The Vivoactive does look great, top features too. Has your boss owned a Garmin?

Yes he had one and then swapped to Apple Watch and was tempted to go back as he said garmin was better for sport but doesn’t have ability to answer phone on the go, which he said was the only feature he would miss- in every other way he said he preferred the garmin-but I don’t know now which model, but will check Monday
Edited by: "sddyy" 5th Oct
sddyy05/10/2019 17:38

Yes he had one and then swapped to Apple Watch and was tempted to go back …Yes he had one and then swapped to Apple Watch and was tempted to go back as he said garmin was better for sport but doesn’t have ability to answer phone on the go, which he said was the only feature he would miss- in every other way he said he preferred the garmin-but I don’t know now which model, but will check Monday

That’s great! Thank yoy
Don't opt for the fenix 5, it's two watches old and isn't supported anymore. If you can stretch to the fenix 6 that's the newest model. If you can't pay the money then the fenix 5 plus is about 18 months old.
dd65tn05/10/2019 20:06

Don't opt for the fenix 5, it's two watches old and isn't supported …Don't opt for the fenix 5, it's two watches old and isn't supported anymore. If you can stretch to the fenix 6 that's the newest model. If you can't pay the money then the fenix 5 plus is about 18 months old.

Thanks! Would the Vivoactive 4 / Venu not come into the discussion - not as many features maybe?
Any Garmin Fenix watch. Avoid Samsung.
Josh9205/10/2019 20:13

Thanks! Would the Vivoactive 4 / Venu not come into the discussion - not …Thanks! Would the Vivoactive 4 / Venu not come into the discussion - not as many features maybe?

It really depends what you will use it for. If you want a watch you can use for running, swimming, cycling, hiking, paddle boarding etc with maps, Garmin pay and music fenix 6 all the way. If not vivoactive 4 is a better way to go
dd65tn05/10/2019 22:32

It really depends what you will use it for. If you want a watch you can …It really depends what you will use it for. If you want a watch you can use for running, swimming, cycling, hiking, paddle boarding etc with maps, Garmin pay and music fenix 6 all the way. If not vivoactive 4 is a better way to go

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I’ll generally just use it to monitor my health, heart rate, stress, sleep etc. And occasionally use it for running and swimming - I’ll more so use it for the gym and resistance training.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants