Best oil/lotion/cream for scarring

Posted 16th May
So basically, about 3 months ago I tipped the contents of a hot fryer all over my foot (yes it was painful). I have been left with quite a significant part of my foot scarred.

I have been using bio oil as recommended by a friend but have nearly finished the bottle (applying 3 times a day) and I don’t really see much difference at all.

I know it will still take time to heal and even small burns can take weeks to fade.

Does anyone know if anyone ingredient/products that will possibly help fade or help with healing?

I was told by my doctor that I can use any lotion/creams to help with the dryness of it but wondering if anyone has any tried and worked products.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
I burned myself with steam when I was half asleep one morning, I just used Cetraben and I can't see the affected area now. That said, yours sounds pretty horrific and I'd exercise caution re asking unqualified people for advice just to be sure. Fingers crossed all ends well and you recover 100%
Timschoice16/05/2020 02:30

I burned myself with steam when I was half asleep one morning, I just used …I burned myself with steam when I was half asleep one morning, I just used Cetraben and I can't see the affected area now. That said, yours sounds pretty horrific and I'd exercise caution re asking unqualified people for advice just to be sure. Fingers crossed all ends well and you recover 100%

Thank you, the worst of it is healed now, I couldn’t walk for 2 weeks, the hospital said they were 3rd degree burns... I’ve learnt my lesson about rushing around a busy kitchen. I’ll have a look into Centraben though, thanks for the suggestion.
Edited by: "AnnieLey" 16th May
I’ve used bio oil in the past, didn’t find it helped.

I’ve been using lush dream cream. I’m unsure whether it’s good for scaring, but it’s been great eczema. Best cream I have ever used.
Made from natural products.

Cheaper option would be to try olive oil and potentially honey. There is so much blessings in those two products.
Olive oil. Pure organic one. Not the one you find in supermarket, they are fake. If you can get hold of original organic olive oil, then you will see it working wonders. Do not trust me? Google olive oil for skin burns
Trending16/05/2020 06:02

Olive oil. Pure organic one. Not the one you find in supermarket, they are …Olive oil. Pure organic one. Not the one you find in supermarket, they are fake. If you can get hold of original organic olive oil, then you will see it working wonders. Do not trust me? Google olive oil for skin burns

Where would you find this miraculous oil then unless you or a friend have an olive grove in the Mediterranean?!
expandingmaan16/05/2020 04:23

I’ve used bio oil in the past, didn’t find it helped. I’ve been using lush …I’ve used bio oil in the past, didn’t find it helped. I’ve been using lush dream cream. I’m unsure whether it’s good for scaring, but it’s been great eczema. Best cream I have ever used. Made from natural products. Cheaper option would be to try olive oil and potentially honey. There is so much blessings in those two products.

Which lush day cream,no saw lots when I went to their website. Thanks!
BluebirdRobin16/05/2020 10:28

Which lush day cream,no saw lots when I went to their website. Thanks!

uk.lush.com/pro…ing

I use the dream cream self preserving.
There should be just two variants which tend to be similar
Manuka honey
MildmanneredCalvin16/05/2020 09:37

Where would you find this miraculous oil then unless you or a friend have …Where would you find this miraculous oil then unless you or a friend have an olive grove in the Mediterranean?!

There is a Algerian shop in East London, they source the olive oil directly from there and it's raw. Quite expensive but very much raw and unfiltered. I have used it for my burns and it worked really great.
Trending16/05/2020 15:43

There is a Algerian shop in East London, they source the olive oil …There is a Algerian shop in East London, they source the olive oil directly from there and it's raw. Quite expensive but very much raw and unfiltered. I have used it for my burns and it worked really great.

I've used Greek olive oil for sunburn and its worked well. I don't think it needs to be organic, but it shouldn't be a mix of different olive oils, just from one source. This is what plenty of olive oils from the supermarket are guilty of.
MildmanneredCalvin16/05/2020 16:15

I've used Greek olive oil for sunburn and its worked well. I don't think …I've used Greek olive oil for sunburn and its worked well. I don't think it needs to be organic, but it shouldn't be a mix of different olive oils, just from one source. This is what plenty of olive oils from the supermarket are guilty of.

I don't trust supermarkets they are all about business and thus will mix anything to make profit. I buy from trustworthy independent seller. If you are not using pure olive oil, then it's no use for burns.
My wife was recommended Kelo-Cote cream. Not cheap but effective.
You never really know what it's like mate, unless you source it from the grove yourself. Much like any food or drink we consume, we assume preparation has been to our exacting standards. You can only assume. The only way to know is to have a farm and make it all yourself.
About 10 years ago I cracked my head open playing football,talking about feeling like you could see my skull it was that deep, and needed internal and external stitches.

Someone recommended either vitamin d or e,I really can't remember now,and just use that to put over the scar.

These days unless I pointed the scar out and you squinted you wouldn't know I've ever hurt myself.
expandingmaan16/05/2020 14:08

https://uk.lush.com/products/body-lotions/dream-cream-self-preservingI use …https://uk.lush.com/products/body-lotions/dream-cream-self-preservingI use the dream cream self preserving. There should be just two variants which tend to be similar

Many thanks, peace to you too!
BluebirdRobin16/05/2020 23:09

Many thanks, peace to you too!

Just to point out. I have dry skin on my face, sometimes gets painful, nothing visible though.
I’ve used aveeno, and many other creams. I honestly don’t rate any of them. I feel as though the benefits of modern creams don’t last long. I’m constantly applying them. And with some, my skin feels dryer after.

Dream cream is by far the best that I’ve used. It’s greasy though, but my skin feels good.
I’ve strictly just used that cream on my sons eczema, and it has helped so much.
You can also get silicone scar sheets plastic surgeons recommend them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions