Best option for buying iPhone 11 Pro atm

Posted 20th Oct
I know there are varying opinions about the iPhone 11 Pro as a phone and whether or not it makes sense to spend money on it. However, assuming that one is willing to drop more than 1k on a phone, what's the best place to buy it right now?

In particular I am interested in the 256GB model, which is 1,199 straight from Apple.

The one alternative I am considering right now is John Lewis, which charges the same price but with their usual two-year hardware warranty.

I am not aware of any better offers right now. Am I missing anything? Are there any shops offering at least a few percent off? Given the price, even 5% off would be 60 quid!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Wait a year, not worth dropping £1k on a non 5g handset.
cmdr_elito20/10/2019 19:46

What's wrong with 4g and you think 5g will be that developed by then?
Spend an extra £100 and go for this bad boy
smartfonestore.com/bro…d=N

512GB
Edited by: "MrSwitch" 20th Oct
cmdr_elito20/10/2019 19:46

I have already been waiting a year for the last two years. At some point I just have to bite the bullet. There'll always be a better phone next year.
I'll be watching this thread because I have the same question.
nnnn20/10/2019 20:56

I have already been waiting a year for the last two years. At some point I …I have already been waiting a year for the last two years. At some point I just have to bite the bullet. There'll always be a better phone next year.

Yes but when you go to sell this one it won’t be worth as much as people will want a 5g one rather than a 4g one. Of course there will always be a better phone the next year but data generation doesn’t change that often.
deals6920/10/2019 20:36

What's wrong with 4g and you think 5g will be that developed by then?

My city will have 5g before the 5g iPhone is released, I tend to keep my phones for about 4 years so it’s worth holding off as it’ll be available in key towns and cities in the next 2-3 years so I’ll be able to take advantage of it.
cmdr_elito20/10/2019 21:21

My city will have 5g before the 5g iPhone is released, I tend to keep my …My city will have 5g before the 5g iPhone is released, I tend to keep my phones for about 4 years so it’s worth holding off as it’ll be available in key towns and cities in the next 2-3 years so I’ll be able to take advantage of it.

Thanks! But didnt answer the question
Try stormfront
Think they do 3 year warranty
Mobiles.co.uk seems to be best if you want contract.
Cheaper then getting a sim free iPhone and the £13-£15/month contract I had over the 24months contract
Any people you know that may be in Japan for the RWC atm? Get them to bring you back one from the apple store there, its around £300 less.
deals6920/10/2019 21:59

Thanks! But didnt answer the question

What’s wrong with BT’s slow speeds.....when virgin have 500mb....? Same principle really.
Wait until blackfriday/ cyber monday
Not sure 5g is a deciding factor on buying a phone today unless you are a first adopter, it’s likely the 5g tariffs will be more costly when released; better to wait a couple of years before it is fully rolled out and the line rentals are the new norm. Fair enough if you want the 5g now and are prepared to pay for otherwise I think you are very safe buying a 4g phone now for a good few years yet.
You could always join the Apple upgrade programme anyway and get their 5g handset that way - not sure why most don’t do this actually I can only summise because it not that well advertised - it’s usually cheaper and more flexible than a contract deal hands down ( unless you want to be tied in for 24 months and prepared to faff around with cash back)
Edited by: "indywooda" 21st Oct
You got a handset to trade in? I just sold my iPhone X 64gb for £410 to Carphone Warehouse which reduced the purchase of my iPhone Pro Max 64gb somewhat (JL)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants