Best Option for Dryer in cold basement

Posted 13th Apr
We need to buy a Dryer. But lack of space in kitchen means we will have to put it in the basement/cellar. Though we use the basement for storage it is really cold and in winter can get very nippy . I have read that condenser dryers are not suitable for basements or wouldn't work as well below 5°c . Could I have recommendations please . Though we do have a window there
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Could you have a vented one?
Just install an electric radiator and on the few days where it does drop below 5c stick it on for an hour or so to bring up the temp and run the dryer. A condenser will be fine with that, just make sure you don’t leave water in the reservoir incase it freezes.
deleted1080215
Unlikely that a room underground would actually drop below 5°c, at least in the UK. It may feel that cold to you but it probably isn't.
ellenw13/04/2019 10:45

Could you have a vented one?

I was hoping to get a vented I think but just a bit weary of damp though it has outlet
cmdr_elito2 h, 16 m ago

Just install an electric radiator and on the few days where it does drop …Just install an electric radiator and on the few days where it does drop below 5c stick it on for an hour or so to bring up the temp and run the dryer. A condenser will be fine with that, just make sure you don’t leave water in the reservoir incase it freezes.

That seems a good idea
Blusphere13/04/2019 14:08

I was hoping to get a vented I think but just a bit weary of damp though …I was hoping to get a vented I think but just a bit weary of damp though it has outlet

My dryer is outside in a garage, vent is on outside wall, got TVM570P 7.0kg Aquarius Vented Tumble Dryer 3 years old, no problems so far. £144 code SAVE20 @ Hotpoint Clearance
ellenw13/04/2019 14:24

My dryer is outside in a garage, vent is on outside wall, got TVM570P …My dryer is outside in a garage, vent is on outside wall, got TVM570P 7.0kg Aquarius Vented Tumble Dryer 3 years old, no problems so far. £144 code SAVE20 @ Hotpoint Clearance

Thanks for that IL look into that
Blusphere6 h, 20 m ago

Thanks for that IL look into that

It’ll never be cold with a Hotpoint. Especially if it’s one of the fire rated models.

As mentioned above, it’s unlikely the basement is below 5 degrees. Heat from the ground will keep it above freezing for a start, we don’t have permafrost in the UK.
Vent via window
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions