Best overall phone with a priority on camera.

Posted 21st Nov
Hey! I've always been a budget smartphone user, and have been generally happy with my choices so far. However recently I've been thinking of buying a new camera, and a new phone, so now i'm thinking why not combine the two?

I still love the quality and options you get with a standalone camera, but in reality there's not many times I want to be carrying my now aging DSLR with me. I'm not a professional photographer and I never will be. Just wondering what people regard as the best option at the moment. Battery life is pretty important too.

With black Friday i'm hoping there will be deals to be had! Any advice welcome, cheers :-)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Well there are some phones with superb cameras such at the Huawei P30 Pro or the iPhone 11 series buy they are going to cost you. What is your particular budget for phone with a great camera?

techradar.com/uk/…one
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Nov
I’ve only used iPhones and must say the iPhone 11 pro has one of the best cameras I’ve had on a smartphone.
Haircut_10021/11/2019 08:31

Well there are some phones with superb cameras such at the Huawei P30 Pro …Well there are some phones with superb cameras such at the Huawei P30 Pro or the iPhone 11 series buy they are going to cost you. What is your particular budget for phone with a great camera?https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/best-cameraphone

Budget is flexible, i'm open to all options really. As long as it seems justified in the hardware :P
shadowfall21/11/2019 08:37

I’ve only used iPhones and must say the iPhone 11 pro has one of the best c …I’ve only used iPhones and must say the iPhone 11 pro has one of the best cameras I’ve had on a smartphone.

I've never really been much of an apple user but I will admit the camera looks good on this one. I'm not anti-apple, it's always been a price/performance thing for me.
Cameras on my Huawei Mate Pro 20 are absolutely fantastic.
iPhone Pro Max in my opinion. Overpriced, especially in the UK but camera is amazing.
Loads of sites have done tests for best camera phone, top runners have already been mentioned except for the new Pixel 4 which is meant to have a great camera setup.

Take a look below your find comparison shots from the Pixel 4, P30 Pro and the Note 10+

dxomark.com/goo…ew/
Edited by: "4Real2016" 21st Nov
I leapt for the P30, that deal is just too good to resist!
Avoid Huawei. best camera will be the Pixel
Cbeeching21/11/2019 17:03

Why avoid?

Well, for most people it's not worth the hassle.. the camera on this isn't anything like a DSLR! you may be disappointed there..Especially in low light. ..it's good enough for a phone, but the Pixel is better, and even arguably the iphone 11 pro.

Google are removing Huawei phones from its SafetyNet system. Meaning they will fail the test. This can cause issues with some apps.

Not a fan of Huawei anyway, due to their theft of IP over the years. Think they're a low life company tbh

Just my advice. Make up your own mind
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 21st Nov
Jace_Phoenix21/11/2019 17:19

Well, for most people it's not worth the hassle.. the camera on this isn't …Well, for most people it's not worth the hassle.. the camera on this isn't anything like a DSLR! you may be disappointed there..Especially in low light. ..it's good enough for a phone, but the Pixel is better, and even arguably the iphone 11 pro. Google are removing Huawei phones from its SafetyNet system. This one included. This can cause issues with some apps.Not a fan of Huawei anyway, due to their theft of IP over the years. Think they're a low life company tbh Just my advice. Make up your own mind

Fair enough, I know there are some concerns, but it looks like this particular model is safe for now. I think it's the mate that will be first affected. I already have a Huawei and have owned one prior to that as well so I guess i'm already in with them :P .

I might have considered the Pixel but it's wayyy more expensive. Not expecting DSLR power just yet, but phones are getting pretty good for everyday photography. Cheers!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions