Expired

Best parcel service for laptop?

Found 21st Aug 2014
I am selling my laptop and I have no idea which parcel service to use, could someone suggest a good one? Not bothered about costs as long as it gives me a compensation upto £250 and weight is 5-8kg. Thank you.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskLaptopParcel
12 Comments
Have you tried parcel2go.com?
Usually codes floating around too.
weight for laptop between 5-8kg? that's one hefty laptop

I used myhermes but didn't state what was in the parcel
Original Poster
swashey

weight for laptop between 5-8kg? that's one hefty laptopI used myhermes … weight for laptop between 5-8kg? that's one hefty laptopI used myhermes but didn't state what was in the parcel

It has a lot of accessories with it.
Original Poster
swashey

weight for laptop between 5-8kg? that's one hefty laptopI used myhermes … weight for laptop between 5-8kg? that's one hefty laptopI used myhermes but didn't state what was in the parcel

Why didn't you tell them? Thank you, I was looking at myhermes earlier but wasn't too sure.
Original Poster
Teezgaff

Have you tried parcel2go.com?Usually codes floating around too.

I'll have a look thank you very much! Didn't know about codes. Thank you.
Well I've always found that both DPD and UPS to be very good with more pricey electronics, as long as you package it well in a good box then I'm sure it would be fine. If I was in your position id probably use UPS simply because all my expensive electronics have come with them and the boxes are in top condition saying that never had a problem with DPD. Parecel2go would be a good site to go through I know you can make arrangements with UPS through them as I've done it before with a PS3. Just a personal recommendation although I've never had a problem with Hermes or Yodel.
Original Poster
brett95

Well I've always found that both DPD and UPS to be very good with more … Well I've always found that both DPD and UPS to be very good with more pricey electronics, as long as you package it well in a good box then I'm sure it would be fine. If I was in your position id probably use UPS simply because all my expensive electronics have come with them and the boxes are in top condition saying that never had a problem with DPD. Parecel2go would be a good site to go through I know you can make arrangements with UPS through them as I've done it before with a PS3. Just a personal recommendation although I've never had a problem with Hermes or Yodel.

Thanks Brett, i've narrowed my choices down to myhermes, UPS and parcel2go. Thank you all who commented. Could mods mark this as solved.
Parcel2go are not a courier company mate, they are a broker who uses couriers.

You can use both UPS and myHermes through Parcel2Go and your best option is to find if it is cheaper to go direct through the courier or use Parcel2Go with a code if there are any.

Also it is a risky business sending any laptop through the post as most couriers state in their terms that they do not cover laptops, TV's, glass, pottery, stamps, trainers, paper towels, in fact anything on the planet.

So just hope it is well packaged and it gets there in one piece.
Edited by: "NEtech" 22nd Aug 2014
Original Poster
NEtech

Parcel2go are not a courier company mate, they are a broker who uses … Parcel2go are not a courier company mate, they are a broker who uses couriers.You can use both UPS and myHermes through Parcel2Go and your best option is to find if it is cheaper to go direct through the courier or use Parcel2Go with a code if there are any.Also it is a risky business sending any laptop through the post as most couriers state in their terms that they do not cover laptops, TV's, glass, pottery, stamps, trainers, paper towels, in fact anything on the planet.So just hope it is well packaged and it gets there in one piece.

Thank you, that was kind of the point of my question as I read online that most don't take computers. I'll package it really well. In foam and a tough cardboard box.
i heard yodel are pretty good
I have used yodel for selling tvs and laptops with no insurance they just have to be very well packaged and there cheap as they have a standard price for small packages or big ones. I have had a good experience with them but don't book them via parcels2go as they charge more compared to yodeldirect.
Original Poster
AJ92

I have used yodel for selling tvs and laptops with no insurance they just … I have used yodel for selling tvs and laptops with no insurance they just have to be very well packaged and there cheap as they have a standard price for small packages or big ones. I have had a good experience with them but don't book them via parcels2go as they charge more compared to yodeldirect.

Thank you pal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants