Groups
    EXPIRED

Best pay as you go tariff

could someone tell me best pay as you go tariff?
    Thanks

16 Comments

For me it's o2's Simplicity 20. Don't forget Quidco.

My Choice is Asda it uses Vodafone and is currrently 4p per text and you can call landlines and mobiles at a flat rate of 8p/min. Hope that helps.

Original Poster

thanks to you lads.
    tried to search and it seems that tesco and asda have similar tariffs.Is there any way to choose your number before you buy?

Original Poster

flp14344;6745086

http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/paymonthly.aspx?page=5

pay as you go.
    I need cheep calls, without any "top up 10 quid and get 300 texts"

Original Poster

oops double post

O2 if you know many people on o2,top up £15 keep your £15 in credit and get unlimited calls and text's to o2 numbers.

I've found the ASDA / Vodafone coverage to be very good. (Orange not so)

I use my mobile on ASDA to call other mobiles as it's cheaper than my land line.

Original Poster

BeeKeeper
    vecton is a bit vague,as they said that 5p promotion is only till the end of this year.

Thought that on tesco light tariff you can double your credit, but they exclude lite tariff from this promotion.
    It seems that both Asda and tesco have the same tariff for international texts.But asda offering only 20p/m for calling abroad,twice cheaper than tesco.

Found localphone mobile network, but a bit lost how much actually cost to make calls in the UK

I think then that ASDA Mobile might just be the best to go for :

Any time calls to landlines, mobiles and voicemail just 8p per minute and texts 4p per message.

Picture Messages: 25p each. Data and mobile internet from 20p per MB. (I'm not technical & don't understand that - I use Virgin payg - 30p per day if I use internet, but their new call charges are more expensive, so can't really recommend them to you).

The Asda Sim card costs just 47p with free delivery or pick one up instore. Or free if you buy one with £5 credit at the same time.

Asda is probably the cheapest overall provided you're not an extremely heavy user (in which case a contract is probably better anyway) but also consider T-Mobile as they have a text tariff (which you can switch to immediately after purchase) that bumps up the price of calls but all texts are then 3p each. As I never call using the mobile that's the one I use and the credit seems to last forever.

Totally depends on what you use your phone for. Me I hardly phone any1 but text a bit and web a lot. Having something with the cheapest calls for me wouldn't be a good choice.

Its like when some1 posts "who is the cheapest car insurance" and then the thread hits page 5 with every single company listed - no two people are the same unfortunately or it'd be a lot easier as a consumer

Just sayin' Not hatin'

family mobile is the cheapest for me 12 pence minute 0845 0870 0844 or 9 pence minute landline mobile numbers 6 pence texts cheaper than asda.

allan1954;6748304

family mobile is the cheapest for me 12 pence minute 0845 0870 0844 or 9 … family mobile is the cheapest for me 12 pence minute 0845 0870 0844 or 9 pence minute landline mobile numbers 6 pence texts cheaper than asda.

But Asda is 8p for calls and 4p for texts :oops:

andythebrave;6750396

But Asda is 8p for calls and 4p for texts :oops:

yes you are right but i use my phone to call 0845 0870 0844 all numbers found family mobile cheaper.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions