Groups

Best PAYG phone around £100 to £150?

Looking for handset to go with my new EE SIMO. Was looking at the Samsung J3 but the reviews aren't so good. There's a couple of HTC's around that price but the spec on those seems worse than the Samsung.

My last phone was a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 with a huge 5.5" screen which I found far too big and kept dropping it all the time! So ideally I'd prefer something a slightly smaller.

Any recommendations please? Would especially like to hear from members who've recently bought a phone in this price range.

11 Comments

Wileyfox Swift 2 plus

EliTom

Motorola G4, depends what size screen you want

Cozworth806

Motorola G4, depends what size screen you want

Moto G4 is 5.5" .....

see first post !

EliTom

The Official Global version of the Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Band 20 is a great 5" Inch phone with 3GB RAM with a bigger than average battery capacity and has fingerprint scanner ID.
    The official Global version comes in sealed box and has official global rom installed with official updates + band 20 (android 6.0.1 marshmallow) and will work out of the box with no messing about, just like any other UK phone.

Have a look at the Cubot...

Huawei y550

For something 5 inch and you don't care about band 20 and can do without an SD slot (it has 64GB storage), you can get a Lenovo ZUK Z2 for around £140 (or slightly less with discount codes).

From what i've seen, it's by far the best value at that price - my problem is that I'd like something a little larger, but I might end up going for it anyway.
    Edited by: "onewonders" 7th Feb

Not sure if you'd be in the market for a Chinese phone but the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max was just over £80 a few days ago. hotukdeals.com/dea…926

Price has went up, but may be worth watching. Will work fine on 3G and 4G with EE. Comes without bloatware, Play Store and ready to use. Great cameras and 4K recording too.

Edit: Woops, just realised you said 5.5" is too big for you - so that rules the Nubia Z7 Max out
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 7th Feb

elitom

Moto G4 is 5.5" .....see first post !EliTom

​Yep, sorry, I missed that, my bad... You could see if you could find a 2gb G3, but no nougat upgrade, I like mine mostly
    Edited by: "Cozworth806" 7th Feb

Moto G4 without a doubt. Only drawback is it doesn't have a gyroscope so Google maps can be challenging at times.

Sandy1012

The Official Global version of the Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Band 20 is a … The Official Global version of the Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Band 20 is a great 5" Inch phone with 3GB RAM with a bigger than average battery capacity and has fingerprint scanner ID.The official Global version comes in sealed box and has official global rom installed with official updates + band 20 (android 6.0.1 marshmallow) and will work out of the box with no messing about, just like any other UK phone.

Where's the best place to buy this particular phone and version? Any links?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …33
      2. Car park fine UKPC1111
      3. Anyone bought from Tobydeals.com?11
      4. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD23

See more discussions