Best PAYG Sim

Posted 24th Jul
I need a sim for my backup phone

For example something I can load £10 and it gives me 1000 mins or text that don’t expire until I use them just in case I need to make a call. If I put it away for a year I should be able to pick up and make a call straight away kinda thing.

What’s the best way to do this?
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
I was literally about to start this discussion, I’m reading google, I’ll let you know what I find.

I used to be with o2, but moved to Sky because I wanted data
1pmobile, but you have to top up £10 every 4 months, or you’ll be cut off.

1p text
1p min call
1p MB data
3 Data Reward SIM.

Most SIMs auto-expire if no chargeable event occurs in 6months. The 3 data reward SIM does not.

This free SIM also has ongoing freebie 200MB data each month and is the only product retaining 3s competitive 321 PAYG price plan.
three.co.uk/Fre…der

Caveat: must be used in a SIMslot that supports minimum 3G, not just a 3G device.
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 18:11

3 Data Reward SIM.Most SIMs auto-expire if no chargeable event occurs in …3 Data Reward SIM.Most SIMs auto-expire if no chargeable event occurs in 6months. The 3 data reward SIM does not.This free SIM also has ongoing freebie 200MB data each month and is the only product retaining 3s competitive 321 PAYG price plan.https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/OrderCaveat: must be used in a SIMslot that supports minimum 3G, not just a 3G device.

This is great but how do I pay for calls and texts because I want to load X amount on
trojanh24/07/2020 18:17

This is great but how do I pay for calls and texts because I want to load …This is great but how do I pay for calls and texts because I want to load X amount on

It's a PAYG SIM. Topup options are limited to: My3, web, phone, ATM, Voucher, PayPoint, etc
three.co.uk/Sup…-up
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 18:22

It's a PAYG SIM. Topup options are limited to: My3, web, phone, ATM, …It's a PAYG SIM. Topup options are limited to: My3, web, phone, ATM, Voucher, PayPoint, etchttps://www.three.co.uk/Support/Pay_As_You_Go/How_to_top-up

Sorry I meant if I put £10 on it will I just get Charged 10p per text etc as that is only 100 texts
trojanh24/07/2020 18:22

Sorry I meant if I put £10 on it will I just get Charged 10p per text etc …Sorry I meant if I put £10 on it will I just get Charged 10p per text etc as that is only 100 texts

1p a text
Gollywood24/07/2020 18:32

1p a text

Where do you see that plan? It shows new PAYG everything 10p
trojanh24/07/2020 18:33

41481889-hjw4n.jpg
1p data; 2p text; 3p UK voicecall.
Note the asterisk: "...Pay As You Go Data Reward plan."

Lifted from page 7 of MBB PDF effective 01 July 2020 accessed from << Plans for Mobile Broadband >> at
three.co.uk/ter…des
trojanh24/07/2020 18:33

If you don't like 3 of don't have a suitable 3G-capable sim slot, maybe RWGs freebie SIM using EE may suit.
Free monthly 50mins or txt; 250MB data
rwgmobile.wales/rates/

Para 7h in T&C states a chargeable event required every 6 months.
rwgmobile.wales/ter…ns/
Asda sim only need 1 call or text in a year.
My mom has a 1 month contract sim with 3 she pays £10 a month and gets 4gb data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts.
eelvis24/07/2020 19:02

Asda sim only need 1 call or text in a year.

Time flies in the 180 days ASDA year.
"...Disconnection (d) if you choose not to use the Services for a continuous period of 180 days..."
although an AM jobsworth will argue that continuous connection of 358 days only requires one chargeable event at 179 days.
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 20:47

Time flies in the 180 days ASDA year."...Disconnection (d) if you choose …Time flies in the 180 days ASDA year."...Disconnection (d) if you choose not to use the Services for a continuous period of 180 days..."although an AM jobsworth will argue that continuous connection of 358 days only requires one chargeable event at 179 days.

Couldn't find any better for very low use.
Edited by: "eelvis" 24th Jul
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 18:43

[Image] 1p data; 2p text; 3p UK voicecall.Note the asterisk: "...Pay As You …[Image] 1p data; 2p text; 3p UK voicecall.Note the asterisk: "...Pay As You Go Data Reward plan."Lifted from page 7 of MBB PDF effective 01 July 2020 accessed from << Plans for Mobile Broadband >> athttp://www.three.co.uk/terms-conditions/price-guides

I believe data reward plan only applies after I have a 30 day rolling bundle - not sure I can just top up £10 and leave it? Do I have to use it once every 6 months to keep the sim active? make a call or something?

Also I checked, as its data only they dont work on smartphones?

'What devices can I use' - 3g.co.uk/thr…sim

Is there anything I can buy popping into ASDA?
trojanh24/07/2020 22:37

I believe data reward plan only applies after I have a 30 day rolling …I believe data reward plan only applies after I have a 30 day rolling bundle - not sure I can just top up £10 and leave it?

T&C has no obvious mention of obligation to buy a bundle with a topup.

Do I have to use it once every 6 months to keep the sim active?

Many users of this forum state no requirement for periodic chargeable event.

Also I checked, as its data only they dont work on smartphones? 'What …Also I checked, as its data only they dont work on smartphones? 'What devices can I use' - https:// some 3g rubbish

Use the SIM in any terminal equipment (device) you wish.
"Providers of internet access services shall treat all traffic equally, when providing internet access services, without discrimination, restriction or interference, and irrespective of the sender and receiver, the content accessed or distributed, the applications or services used or provided, or the terminal equipment used.
"
legislation.gov.uk/eur…ted

Is there anything I can buy popping into ASDA?

Strawberries are in season.
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 22:46

T&C has no obvious mention of obligation to buy a bundle with a topup. …T&C has no obvious mention of obligation to buy a bundle with a topup. Many users of this forum state no requirement for periodic chargeable event.Use the SIM in any terminal equipment (device) you wish."Providers of internet access services shall treat all traffic equally, when providing internet access services, without discrimination, restriction or interference, and irrespective of the sender and receiver, the content accessed or distributed, the applications or services used or provided, or the terminal equipment used."http://www.legislation.gov.uk/eur/2015/2120/article/3/adoptedStrawberries are in season.

Alright great I’m just worried about it being a data plan and me solely needing it for texts and calls
trojanh24/07/2020 22:47

Alright great I’m just worried about it being a data plan and me solely n …Alright great I’m just worried about it being a data plan and me solely needing it for texts and calls

The PDF price guide image earlier in thread specifically quotes the calls & texts cost for the Data Reward SIM so it would be unlikely for 3 to expose itself to misselling by barring calls & texts.
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 22:50

The PDF price guide image earlier in thread specifically quotes the calls …The PDF price guide image earlier in thread specifically quotes the calls & texts cost for the Data Reward SIM so it would be unlikely for 3 to expose itself to misselling by barring calls & texts.

i have ordered it online but is it delivery only? my last question was if asda would stock the 3 data reward sim
trojanh25/07/2020 00:00

i have ordered it online but is it delivery only? my last question was if …i have ordered it online but is it delivery only? my last question was if asda would stock the 3 data reward sim

Not aware of the DR SIM being available over the counter anywhere.
If ordered online at a weekend I would expect delivery to be Tues / Wed.
Post a comment
@
    Text