Found 20th Apr 2007
Does anyone have any recommendations for PC control pads? i would like to play Pro Evo 6 and Virtua Tennis 3 on my PC, i have read you can use a 360 control pad on a pc, would it be worth purchasing this?:w00t:

8 Comments

Aye,

Got a 360 wired controller myself and cant beat it IMHO. £18 delivered from Play and then google for the driver

Well you can get the xbox wired controller and google a driver as already suggested. Or alternatively you could get the wireless controller + the wireless adapter for PC that microsoft make. Wireless could get expensive though with all the stuff you need (pad, adapter and charger).

I would definitely go for one of those at the moment. Although i'm not sure about software support. I homebrewed an original xbox -> pc converter cable but found that I needed additional software to remap the keys to pad presses. Someone told me this is all down to the game though - some don't have natural support for pads.

Get the playstation adapter from play or ebay and use a PS1/PS2 controller on the PC, thats what I use. Much prefer it to the xbox controller

those playstation adapters dont work very well though, especially when it comes to the analogue sticks....best joypad is xbox 360 as not only is it an awesome bit of kit but as its MS you know the drivers will be rock solid...AND you dont have to install some crap bloatware to get it to work!

Mine work fine, never had any bother with it and the analogue sticks work fine for me.

defard

those playstation adapters dont work very well though, especially when it … those playstation adapters dont work very well though, especially when it comes to the analogue sticks....best joypad is xbox 360 as not only is it an awesome bit of kit but as its MS you know the drivers will be rock solid...AND you dont have to install some crap bloatware to get it to work!

The drivers are crap
You need 3rd party software to get it to work properly

Out of the box there are some games that wont work without a 3rd party key mapping program unfortunately - the 360 controller doesnt come with one

Still the best controler for PC though and i agree about PS pads. They were made with the 2D to 3D transition in mind, hence why the d-pad is far better than the analogue sticks. Its been 12 years sinse then! :giggle:
The PS pads fall short in that the sticks are very loose and dont offer very accurate control. They also loose out on driving games due to not having analogue shoulder buttons (for controlled application on accelerator/brakes)

Is this the one to get then? play.com/PC/…tml

If it says for windows why do you have to google drivers?? (apart from getting latest version?)

mine worked straight away...didnt need any drivers installing (with both xp and vista) so dont see why urs shouldnt!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660
    4. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262

See more discussions