Groups
    EXPIRED

Best PC for animation student

Hi guys

My younger brother has started uni and is studying animation.

He has asked to me to get him a new PC plus he wants a big lcd TV that he can use as a monitor,tv and somethin to connect his playstation to.

For the computer i have seen a few on the bay....can anyone tell me if this is worth the money.....dont knw that much about computers but i think i need more graphics power and ram and not so much processor.

ebay item 110311905832
    Can anyone direct me looking to spend no more then £450.

Bro will be using Maya on it.

Thanks guys.

Nad

2 Comments

Well I'd generally be very careful about buying on ebay and I'd definitely avoid those like the one you linked that lie about processor speed.

I don't know much about animation but autodesk recommends a quadro/fireGl rather than a geforce or radeon: usa.autodesk.com/ads…522

I'd also ask your brother to check with his tutors whether a TV would be appropriate for the sort of art he's doing, if he needs accurate colours or a specific colour space for example then a TV may not be the best choice

My friend doing film studies says that macs are the best thing/have the best programmes and functionality for editing films. I think animation would be a lot like editing films so might be worth loking into macs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      2. Advertised on Gumtree55
      3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions